Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a Welder at our plant in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This position will be full time, permanent and unionized. Shift work may be required.
The Welder must be proficient in all welding processes applicable to all weldable materials as required by the Company, and must be able to qualify for approvals which are required to fulfill functions. When required by the Company, the Welder will be required to perform set up and operation of all types of resistance and automatic fusion welders. They must be able to process weld qualification coupons and be proficient in determining adherence to weld data cards. Progression to top level will require attainment of three groups of manual fusion certifications.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Performing TIG welding.
- Performing MIG welding.
- Set-up, prepping and use of fixtures for welding of parts
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Completion of a course related to the discipline with a recognized technical institution required.
- Five or more (5) years of manual GTAW welding experience in the aerospace industry would be considered an asset.
- Experience welding aluminum and titanium would be considered an asset.
- Capable of certifying in all manual fusion welding processes.
- Have the ability to certify to weld specification AWS D17.1.
- Capable of meeting the company’s visual acuity requirements.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Experienced and capable of the safe operation of welding tools and equipment.
- Must be certified to wear, at minimum, half face respirators with filters.
- Grade 12 or equivalent is required.
- Must successfully pass a basic industrial math test.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.