Required to set up & operate welding equipment to weld ferrous/non-ferrous metals.
Perks and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Company social events including company BBQs, children’s events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
• Employee Social & Charity Association
• Employee Assistance Program
• On-site gym
• Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
• Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
• Free parking
• Perform welding operations according to customer specifications
• Prepare weldments to ensure cleanliness i.e. buff
• Rework to deviant weld areas prior to reweld i.e. grind, gouge
• Ensure compliance to requirements, and document results as required by the program
• Expertise using: Shielded Metal Arc Welding (S.M.A.W.), Gas Metal Arc Welding (G.M.A.W), Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (G.T.A.W.), manual & automatic equipment
• Required to manual torch braze, if required
• Work to operation sheets, blueprints, sketches or verbal instruction
• Maybe required to perform the function of Operator, Spot & Seam
• Completion of 3 yr apprenticeship or a combination of over 3 yrs work experience in the trade
• Interprovincial trade cert (Red Seal)
• 3-6 yrs manufacturing experience preferably Aerospace
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!