For over 100 years, this organization has continued to build on their reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, they are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Weld Engineer provides professional, expert, and technical advice and direction to company leaders on all elements of welding standards, techniques, and compliance. The Engineer develops, implements and maintains robust systems to enhance welding relevant standards, safety, quality, and productivity. The Weld Engineer also ensures processes and products are in compliance with code, accreditation, certification, and customer requirements and develops problem solving and continuous improvement activities.
- Provides expert and technical advice to company leaders on all elements of welding standards, techniques, and specification compliance.
- Conducts quarterly audits for all welding operations and submits results to Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB).
- Partners with business leaders and Quality team members to lead the implementation of welding standards and techniques across the company.
- Develops welding techniques, procedures, and application of welding equipment to enhance welding relevant safety, quality, and productivity
- Conducts research and development to test new processes and procedures to improve existing welding methods and equipment.
- Prepares technical reports, analyzes data, determines root cause, and recommends actions as warranted.
- Directs and coordinates technical personnel in performing inspections to ensure compliance with established welding procedures, restrictions, and standards; in testing welds for conformance with national code requirements; or testing welding personnel for certification.
- Researches and evaluates new developments in welding field for application to current issues and processes.
- Provides recommendation for capital equipment used for thermal cutting and welding, and performs experimental welding to evaluate new equipment, techniques and materials.
- Reviews supplier capability and suitability to provide acceptable products and comply with specifications (includes 3rd party inspection and testing agencies)
Minimum Education & Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Welding Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering or a related field
- The following certifications or ability to obtain them within 12 months of hire –
-- American Welding Society Certified Welding Engineer (CWEng)
-- Registered Professional Engineer (PE)
-- Canadian Welding Engineer (CWE)