Web Content Writer
Recruitment Partners is a preferred vendor for a Major Public Organization within the City of Edmonton!
We are currently recruiting for a number of Administrative Professionals for various immediate temporary positions with the city!
This Web Content Writer role is a great opportunity to gain experience, enhance your resume and allow you to develop your overall Administrative skills!
Your success will be defined by your ability to have:
- Respond to the needs of clients for the effective and creative application of web technology and content to meet their business needs.
- Recommend alternatives in order to find a balance between industry standards, client wants, and user needs
- Consult with the client to develop web content; set priorities; identify and resolve problems; oversee taxonomy design for review and approval
- Review material submitted for electronic publication to ensure that posted information is consistent with the City’s established web standards.
- Advise clients on issues concerning the content and presentation of information; design content presentation solutions (ex. page layout, styles, information architecture).
- Use creativity, design and technical skills to conceive, refine, and produce high-quality promotional and functional electronic media and materials, including but not limited to electronic registration forms, electronic newsletters, web content (HTML pages, documents, images, and audio & videofiles) Sharepoint sites, and other web related and social media solutions.
- Work closely with the Communications Branch for branding approval, the Corporate Web Office to ensure web content meets corporate standards, and collaborate with other subject experts such as IT for application enhancements or technical problems, FOIP specialists, and external partners.
- Upgrade site content on an ongoing basis to improve and keep the site visually interesting and current.
- Notify 311 regarding script changes, upcoming events and outages.
- Monitor site performance and utilization activities by performing statistical analysis of traffic on the City of Edmonton’s websites (internal and external) and applications
- Evaluate results of website usability, communication audits and customer satisfaction surveys to understand how and where to improve content.
- Analyze and evaluate the latest industry trends, IT and web advances and recommend improvements to the Corporate Web Office.
- Operate computer hardware/software, photography, audio and video, and related equipment as required.
- Convert written, graphic, audio and video components to compatible formats.
- Previous Updates: Actively participate and contribute to web team’s creativity, efficiency and accomplishment of broad
- Goals and policies identified by the corporate web team
- Conduct training and education workshops in support of Red Dot, Sharepoint and Smartboard users.
- Participate as a team member on web-related projects.
- Perform other duties essential to web development as directed.
Your strengths include:
- Graduation from a recognized community college or technical institution with a diploma or a certificate in web applications, web design, web writing or a related program, supplemented by a minimum of one (1) year experience with proven web writing and web development skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Technical knowledge and competency in web authoring tools and design software such as: HTML, Content Management Systems (CMS), Macromedia Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Proficient with social media tools, especially Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, MySpace and other emerging web technologies and trends.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team and to make decisions in accordance with established policies, standards and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with personnel at all levels of civic services in a team environment.
- Knowledge of the City’s web usability standards and practices, including a solid understanding of the City of Edmonton’s website taxonomy.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple assignments and tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to write in a variety of formats and styles for multiple audiences.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please click the “Apply” button to send your resume directly to Crystal Horner.
Recruitment Partners Inc. is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity and customer satisfaction, and more.
Accounting & Finance - Sales & Operations - Engineering - Supply Chain - Human Resources - Office Support - Technology
Contact us today - Your Search Partner – www.recruitmentpartners.ca!