Directs activities of Foremen and field crews for civil industrial projects such as Wastewater Pump Stations, Water Reclamation Facilities, and large-scale utility projects. With Project Engineer and Project Manager, is responsible for total Contract performance and profitability. Primary responsibilities are Safety and Production. Directs activities of workers in construction of bridges, highways, pipelines, or other construction projects by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Studies specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Works with Operations Manager, Project Manager and Project Engineer to assemble members of Job Team (supervisory, clerical, engineering, and other workers) at the start of the Project.
- Participates in Project Start Up Procedure: attends scheduled meetings; reviews estimates for manpower and equipment needs, safety procedures and alternative methods of construction.
- With Safety Director, plans and manages Safety Program on the Project. Responsible for all onsite Safety Procedures.
- Manages and schedules all field resources including labor, equipment, materials and subcontractors. Orders procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules; schedules and orders all small tools, equipment moves, maintenance on site.
- Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
- Maintains Project progress as needed to meet schedule and budget requirements.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- With Project Engineer/Manager, reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports to improve efficiency. Reviews and understands weekly labor and equipment unit cost report.
- Conducts weekly meeting with Project Engineer/Manager and Foreman to develop and implement Two Week Look Ahead Schedule.
- Maintains Supervisor’s Daily Report.
- Identifies and documents changes or extras.
- Reviews and approves Foreman’s Daily Time Sheets.
- Assists Project Engineer/Manager in preparation of monthly project analysis, cash flow and schedule reports.
- Confers with supervisory personnel to resolve complaints and grievances within work force.
- Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel and inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
- Provides leadership to subordinates to promote training, safety, discipline and proper behavior.
Manages 3 or more Foreman, depending on project size, who supervise a total of 15 or more hourly employees on a Project, also depending on project size. With Operations Manager, Project Manager, and Project Engineers, is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this Project. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Responsibilities may include assisting with interviewing and training employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret plans and specifications, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Proficient with computer software such as Microsoft Excel and Word.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk or work on uneven ground typical of a construction site. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and ground conditions typical of a construction site. The employee must regularly work or walk on uneven ground, in shafts or tunnels. The employee may be exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, occasionally loud.
401k w Company match, Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance, Paid-Time Off and Holiday pay.