Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of civil industrial projects such as Wastewater Pump Stations, Water Reclamation Facilities, and large-scale utility projects. Ensure that project goals are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, project procedures, staffing requirements, and available resources to various phases of project.
2. Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project; arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
3. Confers with project staff to outline work plan, assign duties/responsibilities and authority.
4. Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure work progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
5. Reviews status reports from project personnel and modifies schedules/plans as needed.
6. Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
7. Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
8. Coordinates project activities with activities of governmental agencies and subcontractors.
9. Understands and is able to analyze and execute CPM-based project schedules.
10. Other tasks and duties as assigned.
1. Manages Project Engineers, Superintendents and Foremen who supervise construction
employees; charged with overall direction, coordination and evaluation of team.
2. Supervises according to policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing/hiring; training; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding/disciplining; addressing complaints/resolving problems.
To perform successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability required (as well as the physical demands and work environment to which an employee is exposed). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE - Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management or related degree and 10+ years related experience and/or training (or equivalent combination).
To perform this job successfully, Knowledge of database, spreadsheet, word processing, internet and cost/project controls software (ViewPoint or similar). Understanding of Primavera and other scheduling software, as well as owner database and collaboration systems.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business reports, correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, occasionally loud.
Our client offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flex spending, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid time off and a 401K plan with company match and profit sharing.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Veterans, Disabled, Minorities and Women encouraged to apply.