Water Treatment Engineer
Dallas-Ft Worth, Amarillo, or Lubbock, TX
Our client is seeking to hire a Civil Professional Engineer with a specialization in Water & Wastewater Treatment. The Civil Engineer has the opportunity to support and enhance the company's range of expertise in Water & Wastewater Treatment by leading, growing, and developing a great civil engineering team. They prefer this professional to be based in the Amarillo office; however, they are open to Lubbock, Dallas-Fort Worth or Frisco as well.
This position offers competitive compensation plus opportunities for bonuses. The company provides comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, prescription and life insurance, pre-tax programs for child and health care, paid time off, employer-funded retirement plan, short and long-term disability, and an excellent wellness program. In addition to great benefits, their employees enjoy a flexible work schedule, professional development, and a life-balance work environment.
Our client is a multidisciplinary firm that provides comprehensive architectural and engineering design services for a multitude of projects in government, commercial, and institutional sectors. We benefit from our projects every day--our children go to the schools we design, we drink the water from our treatment plant designs, our trash goes to the landfill we designed, and we receive medical care from the hospitals that we designed. The projects we build together make a real difference in our community, and that makes coming to work each day just a little more rewarding.
"Employees are our most valuable resource." You may hear that a lot. But at the company they don't just pay lip service to the idea. They act on it. They invest in specialized training, continuing education, and professional licensing that propel their people toward their personal and professional goals.
What you will do:
As a Civil Professional Engineer, you are excited to come to work each day to lead your project assigned team of engineers and technicians to success. You manage many projects including small projects such as preliminary Engineering Reports, Wastewater Permits, Misc. Water and Wastewater Treatment Projects, booster pump/lift stations, and other design criteria are essential to the development of long-term relationships with our clients. These projects will be located in our three geographical service regions of NM, TX and OK.
In addition to developing proposals, scopes, and fees with our Business Development Manager, you manage the demands of planning and modeling, regulatory compliance and permitting. Your exceptional communication skills assist you in developing successful relationships with clients, staff, municipal authorities, vendors, and contractors. You also utilize these skills as you present at hearings, commissions, and council meetings. It is rewarding to know that your hard work makes a positive impact on our community.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering.
- Professional engineer registration in TX with ability to get in NM & OK.
- At least 4 years of experience in civil design - Water and Wastewater Treatment design preferred.
- Experience with software including AutoCAD, Civil 3D and ArcGIS is preferred.
- Knowledge of civil engineering practices, principles and keep up with the ever-changing industry trends.
- Detailed understanding of engineering project management methods with the ability to plan a project start to finish, taking into account time, cost, and resources.
- Maintaining a high level of organization to maximize business hours to achieve a solid life balance and to strategically prioritize tasks.
- Excellent analytical skills to evaluate their observations to design a system that will withstand the elements on the installation site.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative environment with non-Engineer decision makers and be able to communicate plans.