Magellan Aerospace, Haley is looking for an entry level Wastewater Treatment Operator. The successful incumbent will operate and maintain the wastewater (WWTP) and sewage treatment (STP) plants. The Wastewater Treatment Operator will also serve as back-up operator for our landfill site. Please note this position is based out of HaleyStation, Ontario
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
- Operate, maintain, and clean the Waste Water Treatment Plant
- Operate and maintain the Sewage Treatment Plant Perform settleability studies on waste streams
- Collect effluent samples as per MOE established protocol and prepare samples for shipment to outside laboratory
- Calibrate flow monitors
- Keep records of sampling/flow monitoring per MOE requirements
- Keep records for WWTP and STP per MOE requirements
- Perform waste audits within the plant to reduce waste
- Sample surface water and ground water from the landfill site
- Candidates must be a graduate of a post-secondary environmental technician program as a minimum.
- Preference will be given to applicants having previous experience in wastewater treatment and holding a valid Ministry of the Environment Level I or Level II Water Treatment Operator’s License.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Each employee and visitor who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms. Masks are mandatory in all of our shared public areas of the workplace and employees are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry