Our client is seeking an experienced Warehouse and Logistics Manager to join their team.
- Manages entire inbound and outbound warehouse activities and personnel, inclusive of shipping operations, receiving operations, and order fulfillment operations; as well as manages in-house based transportation service.
- Manages and oversees team of order pickers and ensures accuracy of outgoing order shipments.
- Works closely with Supply chain, customer service, sales and operations management to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintains warehouse facilities and equipment and recommends changes in allocation of space and procedures based upon demand.
- Coordinates inbound and outbound scheduling for all freight utilizing common carriers, brokers, and internal transportation.
- Maintains relationships with carriers by negotiating tariffs and contract pricing for domestic and international shipments.
- Investigates customers' claims involving such matters as damaged items, overcharges, and delay in shipment, and makes necessary adjustment.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow for warehouse team of order pickers, material handlers, receivers, and drivers.
Manages one subordinate supervisor, multiple order pickers, material handlers, receivers, and drivers. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of all departmental units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
PLEASE APPLY OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER AT firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5+ years in Warehouse Supervision and or Management; Logistics Management experience desired.
- High School Diploma or equivalent Required
- DOT / IMDG / IATA Training desired
- DOT HazMat Training preferred
- BS / BA degree preferred