The Warehouse Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, monitoring, storage and distribution of raw and finished goods that are shipped to and from the Memphis Distribution Center for this North American tissue manufacturer and converter. The Manager will also maintain adequate staffing levels and equipment to accomplish department goals in an effective and efficient manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures compliance with OSHA/ANSI standards and company safety rules and regulations.
- Adheres to company operational procedures and policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Ability to Create, Train, Read, and follows all Work instructions, Product Standards, Standard Operating Procedures, and Work Orders to perform assigned tasks.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and oversight of Memphis Distribution Center (MDC) employees so that warehouse standards are achieved in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Determines shipping methods and priorities to meet customer specifications.
- Monitors loading/unloading of all materials; Ensures materials are properly staged for inspection for accuracy, completeness and condition of shipment.
- Responsible for compliance with load limits, shipping specifications, etc.
- Directs, monitors or delegates the movement of shipments from receiving area to storage areas.
- Responsible for the rotation of product to ensure first in/first out.
- Responsible for resolving discrepancies of Bills of Lading, invoices and packing slips.
- Responsible for order entry and preparation of Bills of Lading, customer pick-up and special-order requirements.
- Monitor paperwork flow for inventory control to ensure accuracy and timely data entry; Maintain monthly inventory of products located in warehouse.
- Responsible for ensuring finished product and materials are stored properly for safety reasons and space conservation.
- Will work closely with Operations Production Management to ensure customer orders can be fulfilled.
- Will communicate daily with Operations Management to ensure inventory is available and to communicate any discrepancies.
- Associates degree in business or industrial management or equivalent experience.
- Two (2) to four (4) years’ warehouse managerial experience or five (5) or more years as a Warehouse Supervisor.
- Forklift experience
- Understanding of DOT regulations with regard to Local Warehouse operations
- Knowledge of and use of MS Outlook, MS Excel and MS Word is required.
- Ability to learn corporate ERP system (SYSPRO)
- Ability to comprehend, manage and execute all SYSPRO transactions as it relates to job functions.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to speak with employees/vendors at any level.
- Ability to determine root cause for inventory variation and create processes to deter future variations.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to build and manage a cohesive warehouse team.
- Self-motivated leader who can manage business with limited daily oversight.