The Warehouse Manager position is based in Downtown Chicago, IL. The Manager directs and coordinates all warehouse functions to ensure effective daily operations. Bilingual Spanish/English Preferred.
- Directs, supervises and schedules all daily activities of assigned warehouse personnel to insure the maximum utilization and efficient use of space and safety of the staff.
- Coordinates and communicates all necessary operational daily planning activities of warehousing with Sales, Transportation, Purchasing, and other appropriate office personnel.
- Coordinates all operational activities including assigning inbound and outbound order fulfillment to appropriate warehouse personnel.
- Controls for and maintains adequate sanitation levels for the facility and product integrity, inspection for sanitation and infestation problems, and assuring proper cleaning activities are executed as required.
- Responsible for all building and grounds maintenance.
- Checks and maintains warehouse documents.
- Insures for adequate inspection practices for all inbound and outbound products to certify that they meet proper quality and regulatory standards with regard to labeling, pest infestation, damage, age, consistency, etc.
- Hires, trains, and evaluates the warehouse staff. Coordinate with the Safety Director to insure compliance with all Company policies and procedures. Performs evaluations and makes salary recommendations.
- Acquires continuing education skills and training necessary to assure the Company is current with industry developments applicable to the operation.
- Performs at all times in a manner consistent with Company policies, procedures, and practices to preserve the Company’s image and status for offering preferred customer service.
- Responsible for duties associated with maintaining BRC standards and certification.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree in any related area such as Logistics, Transportation, and/or Warehousing is desirable. A high school diploma or GED is minimally required.
- Five years supervisory experience in the distribution, warehousing, or related industry desired, with a minimum of three years required.
- Previous forklift, yard tractor, and/or over-the-road operational experience is desired.
- Proven knowledge and track record of safe operations within a warehouse / distribution facility.
- Strong leadership attributes coupled with ability to successfully train and develop staff.
- Effective computer, written and oral communication skills.
- Adaptable to changing work environment, high energy level and positive outlook.
- Ability to perform in a team environment and work closely with all other service support staff and teams.
Please send resume to email@example.com