Magellan Aerospace Blackpool has an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Apprentice
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 38 hours per week.
- Job location: Blackpool Business Park, Amy Johnson Way, Blackpool, FY4 2RP
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide.
Through work experience, studying, coaching, training and development (both practical and vocational) the warehouse apprentice will develop skills in various aspects of work including preparing orders, moving and handling goods, processing and storing materials by completing a course of study and obtaining work related professional qualifications over 2 years. A structured onsite training plan, will provide the apprentices with the ability to ensure they are able to carry out duties competently and effectively within a pre-determined timeframe.
The work-based foundation apprenticeship is competency led working to achieve a Level 2 Certificate in Warehousing & Storage.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- To undertake a range of tasks suited to the current level of training and development ensuring course work is completed on time, to a high standard with accurate content. Fully participate in regular development reviews with management and mentors.
- To comply with all Health & Safety policies and procedures including Risk Assessments for your working areas and to work in a safe and diligent manner at all times.
- Develop warehousing skills in a structured manner including how to pick, wrap and dispatch customer orders in a timely manner ensuring accuracy at all times and completing the necessary supporting paperwork or system updates as required.
- To learn how to receive goods into the warehouse including booking them into the system, moving them into the correct storage location and ensuring the relevant paperwork is processed accordingly reporting any concerns or issues without delay to management.
- Learn how move and handle goods in a safe and controlled manner complying with all health & safety requirements including safe manual handling practices.
- Become proficient in the use of lifting equipment within the warehouse environment including fork lift truck and crane operation in line with safety requirements.
- To train and develop through working with other members of the team in order to learn additional skills within the department including benching, sub assembly, manual machining operations and archiving activities.
- Develop the ability to work with minimum supervision whilst also forming part of the on-site warehousing team
- To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required.
- Maintain good housekeeping in the work area and actively support the continuous improvement programme.
- GCSE grades 1-3 to include Maths and English or a minimum of Level 1 essential skills in Communication and Application of number
- Demonstrates a logical and practical approach to tasks
- Takes opportunities to learn new technical skills
- Puts off the job learning into practice at work and gains experience and qualifications to improve technical competence
- Takes on additional responsibilities once suitably qualified and/or trained
- Ability to problem solve
- Provides creative but practical solutions to problems
- Participates and makes constructive suggestions for solutions and improvements
- Treats others with dignity and respect
- Communicates well (verbally and in writing) with colleagues and clients
- Works harmoniously with others, helping to generate a positive team atmosphere
- Builds effective working relationships
- Takes ownership of personal development
- A general interest in Aerospace industry or Manufacturing desirable
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!