WIC Nutrition Associate - $18.57/hour
Provides one-on-one nutrition counseling for participants who require more than basic nutrition counseling services, such as nutrition assessments, participant-centered nutrition counseling and education, documentation of nutrition care plan, nutrition, and breastfeeding education Assesses eligibility and certifies participants for the WIC program, including determination of WIC benefits, performing and interpreting hemoglobin screening tests, and accurate anthropometric measurements Assigns and issues appropriate food benefits, documents, and assures accuracy of participant files, and refers participants to other local and state agencies as needed Conducts group nutrition education, including facilitated group discussions both in-person and on online platforms.
MUST BE ABLE TO START ON 8/28 FOR TRAINING NO EXCEPTIONS. Training will take place in a hybrid format.
Schedule: -M 7:30-6:00, Tu, W, Th 7:30-4:30; F 7:30-12
- 1-3 years experience as a nutritionist or experience in public health Setting
- Bachelor's degree in Nutrition by the time of hire OR
- Associate's degree in Nutrition by the time of hire, and holds the Nutrition and Dietetics Technician, Registered (NDTR) credential through the Commission on Dietetic Registration or be NDTR eligible and able to pass the credentialing exam within 12 months of hire with the first attempt at credentialing exam occurring within three months of hire
- Proficient in the use of personal computers in a Windows environment including Microsoft Word, Word Perfect, Excel or Lotus, and database management software applications.
- Working knowledge of office practices and procedures including word processing, filing, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately meet established production levels.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a valid Arizona driver's license by the time of hire
- Must have the ability to travel to various clinic locations
For more information, contact Christine Hawn at 602 788-5890 ext 123 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org