The ideal candidate will have experience supporting & managing vulnerability management activities in enterprise environments. In collaboration with corporate Security the Vulnerability Management specialist will work with the Cyber security, IT Infrastructure and application teams to drive vulnerability remediation across IT segments and visualize vulnerabilities to executive leadership
- Bachelor's / Master's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Cybersecurity or a related field of study.
- 2+ years of related experience, specifically in Vulnerability Management.
- Understanding of SOC (Security Operation center) and SOC team responsibilities
- Hands on experience with Vulnerability Scanning & Management tools (Nexpose preferred), ability to review and understand vulnerabilities and how to assess them to a specific environment
- Risk minded, pro-active, time-sensitive, and determined individuals are highly desirable.
- Experience with IT processes and technologies
- Working knowledge of IT operating systems, network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls and network protocols and concepts
- Full understanding of network components, how they work and how to assess a vulnerability against them
- Assist in remediation efforts within IT and Security environments to increase the efficiency of Cybersecurity vulnerability management processes
- Analyzes security issues, determine cause and impact and identifies the corrective action needed to eliminate and prevent the event from happening in the future.
- Prioritizing remediation activities with operational teams through risk ratings of vulnerabilities and assets
- Articulates risk and impact to IT leaders with the proven ability to convey the urgency and need to remediate a vulnerability commensurate with the risk it presents
- Analysis of the data generated by the vulnerability management solutions, prioritizing risk based patching schedule and coordinating with external stakeholders
- Participates in the creation, review and maintenance of current and proposed processes and procedures and related documentation within the vulnerability management and remediation team.
- Incident response and remediation, root cause analysis
- Coordinate vulnerability scans and remediation projects with remote sites
- Patch management
- Perform routine security audits/reviews