Vice President of Surgical Services
Western, NC area
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Vice President of Surgical Services for a great opportunity in the Western, NC area. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of current experience working in an acute care hospital in the Surgical Services department and 3+ years of experience working in a Surgical Services unit in a leadership role.
Responsibilities of the Vice President of Surgical Services
- The Vice President of Surgical Services is responsible for the growth and operational initiatives of perioperative services.
- This position focuses on development, implementation, and administration of patient care services within the departments.
- The Vice President participates in strategic planning, financial forecasting, recruitment and retention initiatives, and other aspects of patient care delivery at the direction of the VP of Operations.
- The individual manages the financial and capital budgets to ensure services meet established quality standards and develops solutions and action plans to address any efficiency, quality and cost issues.
- Embrace and consistently demonstrate Mission Hospital initiatives, encompassing both patients and employees.
- Working together with marketing and physician relations executives to promote the services to physicians and consumers
- Monitoring key operational and financial metrics for improvement opportunities
- Supporting the recruitment process to secure staffing talent
- Working with hospital administrative team and department director(s) for program development, implementation, execution monitoring and evaluation of services at the hospital
- Supporting a positive patient experience by providing optimal cost effective delivery of services by physicians and professional staff within a safe department.
Requirements of the Vice President of Surgical Services
- 3 years' of Surgical Services nursing experience leadership required
- 5 years' of Surgical Services nursing experienced required
- BSN required
- MSN preferred
- Current licensure in the State of North Carolina as a Registered Nurse, or current active multistate Registered Nurse license