Reporting to the President of a third-party logistics provider that focuses on domestic full-truckload van and refrigerated transportation excess capacity.
The Vice President will be tasked with consultative transportation management of accounts, leveraging the organizations operational and technological strengths to provide value beyond price to clients. Will design and implement an organizational structure for the Chicago location, including key account management, carrier sales, and operations, to maximize efficiency and meet organizational strategy. Will be responsible for maintaining and building carrier and customer relationships, while also managing and implementing operational strategies. Will open revenue and operational growth opportunities with existing customers. Additionally, will develop and implement processes for new business development that ensures high level of customer service and customer retention after onboarding. Challenge is to successfully grow new and existing customer accounts by providing superior service and ensuring best practices are being utilized by all team members, while increasing revenues and improving profitability. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Progressive Sr. Level experience within Freight Brokerage or Transportation Management (10 + years)
- Management – hire, train/staffing, coach mentor
- Large team management – 50 + headcount
- Modes of transportation (i.e. Truckload, LTL, intermodal, Specialized)
- Establish and manage Carrier Portal ensuring repeat capacity
- Strong Negotiation Ability (Carrier, Customer, Margin Integrity)
- Carrier Procurement KPI’s
- Customer Management KPI’s
- Margin Integrity
- Computer literate (Microsoft Suite: Power Point, Word, Excel)
- Residence: Chicago, IL
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Education: College Graduate - BA or BS
- Multi-location management
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- High energy with a sense of urgency
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multitask.
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.
Managing Director: Mica Bolta
330.664.9400, ext.120Click here to apply online