Vice President of Operations
Salary Range:$150,000.00 - $175,000.00
Reporting to the CEO of a premier 3PL that specializes in trucking, warehousing and non-asset Freight Brokerage and will have overall Operations ownership and responsibility.
The Vice President of Operations is responsible for the regional and intra-Florida trucking day-to-day operations with 25+ company tractors and over 35 independent contractors. In addition, responsible for oversight of relationships with agents, yard switchers, warehouse operations in Florida and California and a growing freight brokerage operation. The position requires an intricate balance between tactical and strategic work efforts. Will have hands on management responsibility for coaching and mentoring staff. Goal is continuing the progressive growth of the company. Responsibility is to optimize fleet operations daily as well as help set and implement operational goals and objectives across the company. Will work closely with company leadership and is responsible to help oversee and maintain P&L, annual budgeting, asset management, labor, and utilization. Will oversee dispatch, routing, network design to maximize flee utilization. Oversight of 2 warehouse locations and the efficient use of labor delivering valued added services to the customer. They will work to understand and implement new process to increase lane development and density with a focus to ensure that drivers are well respected and taken care of across the company. Will have direct customer interaction and retention responsibilities.
- Progressive responsibility within Transportation and Logistics leadership and management
- Operations ownership of transportation, warehousing, and brokerage
- Network optimization and asset utilization (Lane density and customer mapping)
- Driver and Agent retention, development & recruiting.
- P&L and budgeting
- Fleet Management, Customer Service, and Load Planning
- Warehouse Operations, Labor Management
- Freight Brokerage (Margin Integrity, Growth oversight, Operational Execution)
- Safety, DOT, & FMCSA, Claims
- Transportation Software (i.e., McLeod)
- People Management (develop, evaluate, mentor, coaching)
- Computer literate: Microsoft Office Suite
- Travel: Up to 25%
- Residence: Tampa, FL (relocation assistance)
- Contract pricing, proposals, negotiation, including business development.
- Agent relationship management
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- High energy, persistent, and results driven.
- Innovative solutions mindset
- Analytical decision making
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.
Practice Leader: Chris Hostettler
Warehousing, Distribution, Drayage and Intermodal
Click here to apply online