Help to establish company goals and objectives as an active member of the executive team. Attentively support the Accounting, IT, Purchasing and HR departments; fostering a progressive, passionate and supportive team environment. Some of the primary areas of focus will include; customer intimacy, financial reporting accuracy and reliability, cross functional financial training, working with financial partners (ie. Bank, auditors, insurance) team development, operating income growth, process efficiency / continuous improvement, along with cash flow and other asset management.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Goals, Objectives, and Budgets: Provide strategic planning and budgets for the group, establish group goals and objectives with “clear metrics”, make necessary and timely adjustments to overcome unforeseen conditions and/or obstacles to meet said goals and objectives.
- Controls: Develops and continuously improve financial and operational processes and controls over Inventory, Purchasing, Billing/Invoicing, Aged Receivables, Cash Flow, and Payroll, keep costs accurate and aligned with operating income goals, partnering with other departments as needed.
- Reporting: Provide and continuously improve on timely and accurate Key Performance Indicators (KPI) with trend analysis and recommendations. Ensure timely completion, review and distribution of month-end financials to the Leadership Team. Driving direction around company data, dashboards, and analytics.
- Presentation: Present periodically to the CEC Executive Team, Leadership Team, and the Board of Advisors.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Develops, provides, and continuously improves on the budgeting process, budget reporting and forecasting.
- Financial Sponsor: Works directly with each Cross Functional team to understand P&L and their impact on results. Develop shared communication and understanding with management team to align and drive focus against key outcomes with each operations and department leader as a financial sponsor to provide clarity in their understanding of their financial reports and key drivers.
- Staff: Develop staff to be highly competent and engaged. Maintain staffing levels that match needs and control costs. Coaches all employees as volunteers, hires/fires, rewards/disciplines.
- Customers: Assist in developing strong customer relationships, personally and as a group (internal & external). Understand our strategic customer’s business needs and adjusts timeliness and formatting of invoicing to meet their needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
POSITION RESULTS DESCRIPTION
Financial Outcomes: 32% GM goal. 7% EBITDA goal. Positive cashflow. ROA minimal 10%.
Operations Outcomes: 73% Utilization. 5% Overages. Publish financial package in 5 days after month end.
Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate BUDGET to actionable outcomes.
Ability to develop multi-relational network within the organization allowing for process understanding and improvement.
VP of Finance directly supervises the manager of accounting/controller, Billing Supervisor, Internal IT, Human Resources, and Purchasing.
- BS or higher, in Accounting, Finance, or other relatable areas of study
- Superior people skills demonstrated when working with, and leading, various teams throughout the finance industry
- 2+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles; preferably in real estate development, property management, service industry or construction markets.
- 5+ years working directly in Finance, Accounting, or other relatable industry
- 2+ years experience working with contracts, legal advisors and negotiation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and lead well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Excellent Presentation Skills, large and small groups
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- General knowledge of communications systems, including audio, video, security, fire alarm, wireless, and data networks.
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Great Plains Dynamics, Excel, and ConnectWise is preferred.
- General knowledge of IT infrastructure/ systems to support business operations.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some light lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and troubleshooting activities.
- This job is primarily located in a private office.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
“Essential duties and responsibilities” describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
CEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer