Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer of globally recognized specialty heavy haul trailer manufacturer. From small excavators to wind blades, compact transformers, bulky machinery to mining machinery and parts to petrochemical plants, the company’s vehicles are operation-oriented and optimally adapted to the respective requirements of their client’s transport tasks.
The Vice President of Finance (and Administration) is responsible for: Strategy, Planning and Management
- Oversee the company’s fiscal activity, including accounting operations, financial analysis and reporting, budgeting and forecasting, and auditing; Oversee the administration of human resources, legal matters, and information technologies; Assist with high-level decisions about fiscal as well as company policy and strategy; Assess, evaluate, and provide feedback to Executive Leadership regarding financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts; Provide insight and recommendations to Executive Leadership about both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization; Communicate, engage, and interact with Board of Directors, CEO, and Executive Leadership Team; Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion; Interact with and bring department into line with Executive Leadership’s plans, initiatives, and recommendations; Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by senior leadership team; Assist in the evaluation of internal controls and make recommendations, as needed; Develop sound financial and accounting policies; Identify and address financial risks and opportunities for the company; Prepare and submit annual budgets according to corporate schedule; Help with recruiting, interviewing, and hiring finance, accounting, and payroll staff. Financial Analysis, Reporting, Budgeting, and Forecasting -
Prepare, submit, and present monthly financial reports including monthly order entry and revenue report (ETB), profit and loss (vs. budget), forecast vs. budget, and monthly cash flow in accordance with GAAP as well as HGB (German GAAP) for reporting internally and to HQ; Develop and implement monthly internal reporting package including key financial data and KPIs to be used for decision making; Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide feedback and recommendations to Executive Leadership; Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget and monitor expenses against established budget. Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all processes, systems, databases, and financial software; As systems administrator, provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems in cooperation with IT provider and supervise company financial staff; Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures in accordance with US GAAP and HBG, where applicable; Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data; Oversee the timely and accurate month-end and year-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies; Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation; Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state, and federal tax returns; Ensure appropriate legal compliance, where applicable, to include human resource management, state and local business licensure, and tax registrations; Assure legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations; Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools, and control systems; Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits; Coordinate and strategize methods used to attain team goals with Controller. Financial Management
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability; Manage cash, investments, and asset management area; Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners. Cash Management
- Oversee weekly cash management and approve large payables, sign checks, authorize wires and ACHs; Supervise Accounts Receivable management and provide guidance relating to the collection process; Review financial reports for ways to reduce costs. Financial Relations and Policies
- Represent company to banks, financial partners, public auditors, and other key stakeholders: Remain current on audit and accounting best practices as well as state, federal and local laws regarding company operations; Successfully balance GAAP compliance issues with HGB compliance for corporate consolidation; Assist and provide information to HQ for monthly and annual corporate consolidation. General Administration
- Oversee various items including IRS, 401K, insurance, Human Resources, IT, Legal, and medical regulations, and compliance. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Senior Executive / Finance Leadership (10 years)
- Expert knowledge of US GAAP
- Data management and reporting.
- “Hands On” ERP Systems Experience.
- Budget preparation, forecasting, and variance analysis
- Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting.
- Experience with corporate governance
- Proven negotiation skills
- Experience working with external auditors, internal controls, and compliance-related issues.
- Advanced computer literacy: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and ERP Software
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Finance or Accounting
- Residence: Greater Miami, FL area (relocation assistance available)
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Certified Public Accountant in good standing (CPA)
- Education: MBA or master’s degree in finance, accounting, or related discipline
- Background in Big 4 Public Accounting
- Director or VP of Finance (6+ years)
- Knowledge and understanding of IFRS, HGB and/or an ability to coordinate across multiple accounting standards.
- Background coordinating with I.T. staff to manage and/or upgrade accounting system. Systems implementation experience.
- Microsoft GP (Great Plains) and/or SAP
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Partnership mentality with a high level of integrity
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Respects and adheres to ethical principles regarding data protection and confidentiality
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Managing Director: Larry Wainscott
330.664.9400, ext.125Click here to apply online