The Vice President, Sales and Distribution is responsible for leading the sales and distribution, and expanding the distribution network, of products, product lines and other initiatives of the company. Located in the U.S., the primary purpose of this position is to expand the distribution network to increase sales of products, product lines and other initiatives outside of North America.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Builds and manages relationships with clients and distribution partners. Responsible for marketing strategies and developing communication materials for distributor target markets. Manages partner marketing and delivery system activities to increase sales of company products and initiatives.
- Ensures development and execution of sales strategies, plans and advertising or promotional programs.
- Drives efficient business processes that include monthly and quarterly country and territory level reviews that result in an action plan to achieve revenue and expense goals, and funnel targets.
- Analyzes current market trends and customer/distributor feedback to determine appropriate competitive pricing for company’s product lines and initiatives. Partners with executive management to determine proper channels to implement any changes as necessary.
- Conducts market analyses to thoroughly assess current distribution network, make recommendations for improvement and executes a well-planned strategy to meet the short terms goals and long-term growth objectives.
- Manages the onboarding of new team members and ensures they receive adequate understanding of the company and its products, job expectations, goals and assignments. Enlists other managers to present new hire information as needed.
- Engages and influences a network of both internal and external client relationships that support the overall effectiveness of the team’s operations.
- In conjunction with internal sales training team, designs and implements training programs, that incorporate distribution and marketing strategies for current customers, and that develop and grow potential customers, for the company’s products/initiatives.
- Evaluates and provides analysis to management for new products and international market opportunities. Maintains contact with key markets by visiting and investigating the operations and local working conditions.
- Identifies key opinion and thought leaders in the industry. Collaborates with management to translate ideas to strategies to identify and retain key account relationships.
- Identifies, develops, and mentors new hires. Provides input into identification of high performers to groom for potential succession planning.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, life sciences or related field.
- A minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible sales management experience; including managing and developing third party distributors.
- A minimum of seven years of supervisory experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to improve sales productivity and results.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills, as well as the ability to handle complex situations and demonstrate sound judgment and problem solving.
- Expert knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) systems; SalesForce preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate complex data into actionable deliverables and presentations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with expert-level Excel skills.
- Superior leadership skills with demonstrated knowledge and understanding of staff management practices and processes and the ability to establish accountabilities and expectations and manage performance to achieve results.
- Experience with budget development and management processes, as well as the ability to translate strategic thinking into action plans and related outcomes.
- Strong business acumen, negotiation and mediation skills, as well as a demonstrated attention to detail and a focus on achieving quality outcomes. Ability to build/foster relationships.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities and issues of varying complexity, while meeting time-sensitive deadlines and deliverables.
- Ability to advocate for distributor needs.
- Ability to lead an international salesforce, independently.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-energy, demanding and deadline-driven environment.
- A high level of integrity, interpersonal skills, and a professional executive presence for effectively interacting with and influencing others, internal and external to the company, as well as for facilitating meetings and conducting public speaking/presentations.
- Ability to travel locally and internationally, approximately 50%-60% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is frequently required to sit or stand for long periods. The individual is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to communicate and exchange information, utilize equipment necessary to perform the job, and move about the workplace.
This position may require travel.
- This position will work in a moderately quiet office environment.