You will lead the overall real estate strategy that drives store development and growth for this off-price, retail leader that continues to expand market share.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE:
As the Vice President of Real Estate, you will be responsible for the leadership and strategy that drives store development and growth throughout the company. Key objectives include ongoing analysis, site selection, negotiation of new and current store sites, and oversight of the corporate real estate portfolio. Influencing the company's position, you will leverage your expertise in market assessment, site planning, and location and deal strategies while focusing on store development objectives, targeted sales estimates, profit/loss, and management of existing store leases.
As the leader of the company's "path to profitability," you will gain a great deal of exposure to company executives, wielding a high level of strategic influence on the Real Estate portfolio that ultimately aims to open hundreds of additional stores.
Reporting to the EVP, Chief Financial Officer, you will build solid relationships and maintain ongoing coordination with internal and external partners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and lead strategies for market introductions and expansions, site selection and evaluation, building acquisitions/dispositions, lease negotiations, site design and construction, and property management.
- Manage third-party broker
- Tour sites with senior executives and make presentations to obtain internal approval of site selections.
- Collaborate with in-house and outside legal counsel to prepare and analyze transactions, including lease negotiations.
- Oversee financing, refinancing, leasing, and sale transactions.
- Prepare capital/budget plans for new stores and review costs and expenses to support the highest return on investment.
- Lead the planning for aging fleet remodel/capital improvement projects.
- Collaborate with construction teams to ensure aligned outcomes and partner with outside vendors and contractors, as needed, to support the new store opening timeline.
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulations and covenants.
- Achievement of deadlines and project deliverables
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in real estate, business, or related area.
- 15+ years of real estate experience preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of new store construction management and requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of investment real estate principles, property management, asset management, asset sales, contract negotiations, leasing, financing, repositioning, and risk management.
- Experience in, or a sound understanding of, construction and site selection.
- Portfolio and asset management of large investment portfolios.
- Detail-oriented with an ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable navigating and building governance systems.
- Strong analytical skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, knowledge of economics, real estate finance (equity and debt markets), and accounting.
This position will supervise the Director, Manager, and Coordinator of Real Estate.
- Decision Quality – Make correct decisions based on analysis, experience, and judgment.
- Drive for Results – Push themselves and others consistently to meet or exceed goals.
- Managing and Measuring – Assign responsibility and set clear measurable objectives.
- Time Management – Uses their time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates their efforts on the more important priorities.
- Meeting Ethical Standards – When confronted with ethical dilemmas, acts in a way that reflects relevant law, policy and procedures, and values; respects the confidentiality of information.
- Customer Focus – Establish a relationship with customers to glean first-hand information to enhance their experience and our products and services.
- Business Acumen – Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting their business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Negotiating – Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations; can settle differences with minimal noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be direct, forceful, and diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiation; has a good sense of timing.
- Planning – Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
- Champion Change – Understands different kinds of change; motivates others to welcome change; manages the change process while maintaining operating effectiveness; establishes processes to ensure the success of change.
- Developing Direct Reports – Push, challenge, and guide direct reports so they can meet their business and career goals.
- Integrity and Trust – Seen as direct and honest individuals who can keep confidences and admit mistakes. Will not represent themselves for personal gain.
- Motivating Others – Create a positive climate that challenges and empowers others to do their best work.
- Organizing – Can rally people and resources to get projects completed properly; can leverage multiple partners and orchestrate the pieces of the larger picture to work in sync; stores and accesses information effectively and efficiently; can delegate and manage the delegated pieces to accomplish more in less time.
- Product Focus – The ability to maintain direction and stay on target with the goals and project at hand to enhance the customer experience with our products and services.
This description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties to be performed by the position incumbent. Justification for information provided in the job description may be requested. Employees are required to follow job-related instructions and perform other job-related activities assigned by their supervisor.
All requirements are subject to possible modification in order to provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees, or the public