endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
The Vice President, Operations will drive bottom-line performance and improve service while creating world-class highly efficient operations with skilled, motivated and empowered teams. The VP of Operations will lead their organization through various initiatives to include the implementation of manufacturing systems and processes, standardization of processes and metrics, the introduction of new products and technology, asset rationalization and utilization, operational excellence, and distribution realignment. The VP of Operations will be a member of the business unit leadership team and act as the primary point of contact for all things Operations supporting the assigned Vertical Business Unit (VBU).
This is a remote position.
Our ideal candidate is a hands-on Leader that develops and drives the strategic operational initiatives and results of our organization. Below are some of the requirements of this role:
- Driving an operational excellence culture through the organization built against standardized systems, equipment performance and process capability in line with lean manufacturing philosophies. Focus on continuous improvement, waste elimination and root cause problem solving that drives the optimization of the key business metrics.
- Ensure strong operational performance to exceed target, with a priority focus on operational effectiveness, labor efficiency, equipment reliability, scrap and capability. Provide outstanding service to customers, inspiring confidence in our ability to deliver beyond expectations. Ensure peoples’ safety is the absolute priority
- Lead the VBU operational organization by empowering, enabling and developing people to be effective teams. Ensure an open collaborative culture is in place where people are held fully accountable to deliver results yet supported and coached to reach their full potential.
- Build, coach and maintain a strong team of Operations focused business “owners”; this includes recruiting, training, and developing future leaders. This will require a leader who is an excellent judge of talent, one who has a proven record of attracting top performers and then mentoring them to outstanding levels of technical and leadership performance.
- Ensure effective resource and operational planning that enables low cost manufacture, high customer service and optimum asset utilization.
- Develop a clear operational strategy for the organization that drives long-term operational performance. Ensure the strategy is aligned to the VBU priorities and Operating System (GOS). Ensure the strategy is developed into long-term improvement plans and technology success.
- Ensure effective new product and technology implementation inside the VBU that drives customer satisfaction, business case attainment and long term operational capability from a product, equipment and people standpoint
- Ability to multi-task working across the organization - Handling multiple issues simultaneously, determining priorities and resources – we have a wide-reaching geography with multiple centralized support functions and the right leader must have the ability to discern key actions and drive them to closure. Enhance the milestones and metrics in place that monitor and assess performance against the strategic initiatives and performance expectations with a strong focus on low cost manufacture and profitability.
- A BA/BS degree in Business, Engineering, or related is required. An MBA or other advanced degree in Business Administration is highly desirable.
- The selected leader must have a minimum of 15 years of business experience, preferably coming up through the operations function in a highly-respected industrial or consumer packaging manufacturing organization. Ideally, the last three years will have previous experience in extensive customer interface. This leader will have implemented successful operations strategies and initiatives that have delivered operational excellence translating to bottom-line revenue growth.
- The leader must have high-energy, creative approach to problems, be highly intelligent, analytical, a quick study, and a team player with exceptionally strong leadership skills. Must have a proven track record of building a well-functioning management team with low politics, taking leadership in providing the strategic vision for a business, and demonstrating strong customer focus.
- Above all else, this leader must be a strategic business person first, yet one who is comfortable talking strategy one moment and discussing details the next.
- Ability to travel 66%.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.