This is a very exciting and challenging opportunity for an executive who is passionate about creating, implementing and executing strategies to achieve annual plans for the assigned / targeted customers. We are looking for a transformational leader that will work closely with the company’s various managers, its manufacturing partners, and its current and prospective customers to pivot the company from a distributor of ingredient-based products to higher value add solutions. The right candidate will be someone who is a strategic thinker able to develop and implement transformational strategies.
• Responsible for meeting or exceeding annual case and dollar volume quotas and profit objectives for assigned market.
• Responsible for establishing and executing an action plan to achieve quarterly/annual goals and objectives.
• Responsible for maintaining current business and actively pursuing the development of new business.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of sales plans for assigned customers.
• Manages and directs the activities of broker network (if applicable).
• Responsible for the preparation of monthly sales analysis and forecasts.
• Management of trade program budget by negotiating programs for new business development as well as managing existing programs within the trade management system.
• Primary contact for customers on pricing and inventory needs.
• Present products and conduct cuttings to increase sales with current customers and establish new accounts.
• Work with other division team members in Purchasing, Import and Customer Service to achieve goals and objectives.
• Attend trade shows, conventions and business reviews as needed.
• BS in Business, Marketing or related field preferred and 7+ years’ sales experience preferably in food or foodservice or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in import/export helpful.
• Strong leadership, collaboration and teamwork skills.
• Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to identify and execute priorities within a multi-task business environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication with focus on establishing sales strategies.
• Assertive and confident decision-maker with good problem resolution skills.
• Detailed oriented with high standards of excellence in the work performed.
• Up to 30% travel requirement (domestic).
The compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes an attractive base salary with annual bonus incentive and a competitive benefits package.