The Vice President, IT’s main role is to align technology vision and art of the possible with business strategy by integrating company processes with appropriate, affordable technologies. The successful candidate will also be responsible for all aspects of developing and implementing technology initiatives within the organization while ensuring they fully comply with our customer contractual and regulatory cybersecurity obligations. Maintain existing enterprise systems, ensuring robust backup and recovery to enable business continuity. Provide clear direction in all technology-related issues in support of information operations and core company values
Reporting to the Company President and CEO, the Vice President, IT is a key role in the future development of Magellan Aerospace Corporation. As a strategic thinker, experienced in business processes and a complex ERP system, this position will be in the forefront of continuing Magellan’s journey of implementing SAP S/4 HANA globally.
- Participate as a member of the senior management team in the tactical and strategic governance of the global organization. Strategic visionary, ability to see and communicate the big picture (current and future) of our business applications, information management, IT infrastructure and cybersecurity.
Strategy & Planning:
- Lead strategic technological planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management, security and recoverability of current and future technologies.
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments to develop and maintain a technology plan that supports organizational needs and enables the strategic plan.
- Develop and maintain a robust disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Develop and maintain a robust cybersecurity plan that meets the needs of our customers and our regulatory compliance obligations.
Acquisition & Deployment:
- Assess and communicate costs, risks and benefits associated with technology-related technology investments and purchases.
- Ensure IT projects are complete on-time, on-scope and on-budget.
- Review hardware, software and services acquisition and maintenance contracts to ensure high performance and low cost.
- Define and communicate Corporate procedures, policies, and standards for acquiring, implementing, and operating information technology.
- Analyze and improve upon technology and processes used within the business to enable Magellan Aerospace to work faster, smarter and leaner.
- Act as primary liaison for Magellan’s technology vision via regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users.
- Creatively provide resolution to technical problems in a cost-effective manner.
- Develop, track, and control the IT annual operating and capital budgets.
- Ensure the ongoing development of the IT Department as a whole and the individuals within it. Including all aspects of training and recruitment.
- Ensure equipment and software operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations.
- Conduct research to remain up-to-date and knowledgeable in regards to industry trends and emerging technologies in anticipation of new business processes and system alterations.
- Solid IT management experience in a multi-site / multi-country business
- Proven experience of working in a manufacturing organization, ideally aerospace and defense or a high security environment.
- Bachelor’s degree IT, Business or equivalent
- Strong knowledge and experience of business critical systems, including ERP, HR, Payroll, reporting and analytics.
- Familiarity with independent assessment and compliance with a recognized cybersecurity framework, ideally CMMC or NIST SP800-171
- Experience in strategic technology planning, execution, and policy development
- Good project management skills
- Excellent understanding of project management principles.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to technology issues