The Vice President, Finance drives the Finance vision and strategy to achieve Magid’s strategic objectives. A thought partner to the CEO and Executive team, the VP, Finance will bring best practices in assessing, recommending and implementing operational and financial practices that accelerate business outcomes. He/She is responsible for all aspects of the Finance function and will provide excellent financial and operational insights to inform business decisions. A role model for our company values, the VP, Finance will develop and engage finance team members to create a culture of collaboration and high-performance.
Strategy and Planning
- Strategic business partner to the CEO and Executive team.
- Co-develop and monitor the company’s strategy using financial information and operational analytics.
- Drive performance across the business, through utilization of key performance indicators and providing relevant financial information at all levels of the organization.
- Partner with various departments to identify and implement opportunities to improve efficiencies and reduce costs for the benefit of the organization.
- Develop and present business strategy proposals.
- Review and validate annual business plans, financial forecasts and ad hoc financial analysis to ensure business leaders understand the implications of change and timely, effective and well-informed decisions are made.
- Engage with operational leaders to drive business results and achieve annual plans and other financial targets.
- Challenge the status quo with ideas to drive internal efficiencies and growth in revenue based upon solid data analysis.
- Execute complex projects that improve the company’s efficiencies and/or growth.
- Establish financial strategies and structures regarding transactions, proposals, RFP’s, M&A and other situations as needed.
Finance Leadership / Management
- Coach, mentor and develop the finance team to ensure expertise is in place for continual improvement of the function effectiveness.
- Attract, develop, and retain outstanding talent.
- Develop and maintain a plan that provides for succession and continuity in the most critical Finance management positions.
- Enhances the capabilities of finance by leveraging a multitude of resources, both internally and externally.
- Create a culture of transparency, collaboration, accountability and commitment to excellence, across the finance team.
- Lead change, collaborate, build partnerships and achieve tangible results by engaging and aligning with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Improve and automate FP&A processes, as well as KPI and financial performance reporting against company targets and goals.
- Provide management and oversight of company balance sheet and assets.
- Manage and review Finance department’s preparation of timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Lead the efforts to develop a long-term capital plan for the business.
- Provide due diligence support when necessary; and keep financial models up to date.
- Own financial regulatory compliance
- Manage the accounting systems, processes and procedures in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Maintain a strong financial control environment in compliance with all state and federal requirements.
- Serve as the primary interface with our external auditor as well as taking the lead on managing our banking relationships.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree. CPA a plus; Master’s Degree a plus
- 5+ years of experience in a VP Finance or CFO role
- Proven track record of financial performance and of being a strong business partner.
- Strategic thinker with the desire to assist implementing strategic initiatives.
- Internally motivated self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity.
- Ability to plan, organize, establish priorities and meet goals and timelines.
- Outstanding financial acumen blended with business partnership and leadership skills.
- Strong desire to dive into the operations of a business.
- Provide sound business judgement as well as financial and business perspective across the organization.
- Exhibit outstanding critical thinking skills, including the ability to analyze data, identify trends, pinpoint problems and root causes, ask probing questions and develop innovative solutions.
- Passion and proven ability to cultivate top talent and lead diverse, cross-departmental teams.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a team of professionals to meet the strategic business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with leaders to develop and execute plans.
- Superior relationship management skills: ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers, as well as effectively operate within a matrix organization.
- Excellent communicator and change leader.
- Demonstrated ability to create financial models and performance metrics in partnership with business leaders for effective results
Magid Glove & Safety is America’s leading manufacturer, distributor and importer of hand protection and safety products i.e. work gloves, fall protection, gas detection, reusable and disposable respirators, clean room, 1st aid and all other safety related products. Magid is a financially stable, growing and privately held business, which has provided safety solutions to thousands of companies since 1946.
Magid is an Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/female/disabled/veteran