JOB TITLE: Vice President, Corporate Controller
Responsible for direct supervision of all accounting and financial functions. Primary responsibilities include supervision of the monthly close process, supervising accounts payable, payroll, monthly reporting for the board of directors, monthly preparation of a reforecast, annual preparation of a budget, oversee the preparation of quarterly tax projections and annual tax return preparation. The Corporate Controller will also be part of a team that creates and implements policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues in addition to creating procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate.
- Timely and flawless preparation and delivery of required internal and external financial reports
- Accountable for preparation and timely delivery of all required Quarterly and Annual SEC reporting
- Coordination and execution of all external auditor compliance engagements
- Recording the annual budget in the company's financial ledgers and reporting systems
- Preparation of work papers supporting the annual tax return
- Implement a process to record transactions by department and compare costs incurred to budget and performance analysis of profit centers
- Review and recordation of journal entries required to reflect the monthly activity
- Preparation of work papers supporting the monthly close process and month end balances
- Review monthly accounting close process including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and related footnotes
- Perform cash projections to effectively manage cash balances and maximize the return on any excess cash balances
- Preparation of monthly reforecast incorporating historical results and future assumptions
- Supervise the billing of asset management, incentive fees, acquisition, disposition, QPAM and other fees monthly, quarterly, annually in accordance with the respective agreements
- Supervise the accumulation of permitted reimbursements from clients through the accounts payable process and bill these reimbursements to the clients monthly
- Coordinate and record investments made in Funds, securities, overnight funds, etc.
- Supervision of all accounts payable processed in corporate office. This includes corporate payables, payables for Title Holding Entities, allocations of costs incurred on behalf of multiple entities
- Review of expenses incurred on behalf of multiple entities such as software (MRI) costs, accounting services, analytical services, etc.
- Maintenance of fixed asset records for coordinate quarterly inventory of fixed assets with the information technology department
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective processes to improve the close and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Proper analytical review of the asset operations from a balance sheet, income statement and cash flow perspective as well as an overall business perspective
CFO and other members of Executive Team
- Accounting and Financial colleagues, teams and direct reports
- Other internal customers and external auditors
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Accounting or related field
- 5+ years experience in the accounting and finance sector.
- 4+ years experience in a management role
- 3+ years in a position equivalent to a controller or higher responsibilities
- Strong experience in both the private and public accounting sectors is preferred but not required
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.