Vice President , Risk & Analytics
Come work on a beautiful lush island! This opportunity includes awesome island living with multiple opportunities for serious diving, boating, sailing, hiking and fishing. Remote work is not available so you can come to work dressed in shorts, enjoy free meals prepared daily by a professional chef, and work with cool people who love and excel in statistics and analytics.
The Vice President of Analytics is responsible for designing, implementing, and overseeing
company-wide data management systems, reporting and analytic functions. The individual is a
subject matter expert who keeps informed about industry standards and resources. Reports to
the Executive Leadership team and advises Senior Management on risk/analytics-driven matters.
• Plan and implement overall data insight to create business value, analytics, and business
• Analyze and interpret data using a variety of simple and complete techniques.
• Consult with Sr. and Executive Leadership to develop analyses that leads to actionable
insight which accelerates profitable growth.
• Compiles detailed reports, charts and tables based on established statistical methods.
• Designs data models to meet the needs of the organization’s information systems.
• Identifies opportunities to develop and forecast statistical models, segmentation
schemes, and data driven analyses to drive better outcomes and efforts around
delivering client/customer value.
• Oversees project lifecycle of data studies, new technology interrogation, industry/market
changes, or any other projects related to analytics.
• Experiment and innovate with data sources and approaches, tools and techniques to
continuously bring new ideas and develop new business capabilities.
• Conduct and analyze business and information technology processes and prepare
essential groundwork. Make recommendations for necessary changes on projects that
come from other departments.
• Build, develop, and mentor high-performance analytics team that is focused on
addressing the needs of the business.
• Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to
understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting
at inappropriate times.
• Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the
• Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of
alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Credit Scoring & Modeling - Understanding of predictive modeling and credit scoring
• Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data;
Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and
analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group
problem solving situations.
• Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation
to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with
• Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands
organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies
external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions
• Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work
• Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on
• Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they
react as they do.
• Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas
presented in writing.
• Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so
others will understand.
Experience and Education:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or Statistics.
• Masters Degree preferred or equivalent years experience.
• 8+ years experience, financial services, Information Technology.
• 6+ years Analytics experience (organizing data).
• 5+ Years Creating Automated Reporting (for an enterprise).
• Proven experience working with big data sets, mining & forecasting.
• Ability to establish a clear vision and strategy, as well as transform it into action.
• Financial industries experience a plus!
• Leadership and experience managing a team of professionals a plus!
• Programming languages (C++, Visual Basic etc.)
• Data Processing & Statistical Analysis languages (SAS, FoxPro, Stata,etc.)
• Experience with Provenir a plus.
• Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Must be able to stand and sit for long periods of time, talking, hearing constantly.
• Must be able to sit in front of computer monitor (s) daily
• Sitting and or standing for long periods of time.
• Noise level: moderate noise level daily in an office atmosphere