Veterans Wanted - Electrical Maintenance Manager in Gainesville, FL
We are currently seeking motivated veterans with electrical engineering experience to join our team as an Electrical Maintenance Manager in FL. In this role, you will coordinate engineering activities, implement new processes, and enhance existing processes throughout our plant. Your expertise will be vital in providing electrical engineering support and ensuring the plant operates smoothly.
Position: Electrical Maintenance Manager
- Promote and adhere to all plant safety guidelines, prioritizing the well-being of our team.
- Coordinate the allocation of electrical and automation engineering resources across all plant departments.
- Manage and optimize plant electrical maintenance programs to ensure machinery performs at its best while minimizing downtime.
- Identify plant electrical needs, propose capital projects, and take accountability for your assigned areas of responsibility.
- Prepare and manage the electrical maintenance budget, providing monthly updates to the management group.
- Develop a comprehensive long-term electrical plan to implement preventative and predictive measures for optimal equipment performance.
- Oversee the installation of new equipment and supervise any alterations to plant buildings and structures.
- Actively participate in plant meetings, addressing operations activities, safety, environmental concerns, and special projects.
- Champion corporate programs aimed at establishing companywide standards for electrical and automation policies.
- Provide leadership to direct reports, setting expectations, providing feedback, and offering guidance as needed.
- Mentor and develop your team, supporting their personal growth and fostering a succession planning mindset.
- Fulfill any additional duties assigned by management to contribute to the overall success of the plant.
- Veterans are preferred, bringing their valuable experience and dedication to the role.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, preferably in Electrical Engineering.
- 7 or more years of experience in project management, including familiarity with contractors, salespeople, and a professional engineering environment.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in engineering design, particularly with programmable logic control (PLC) equipment usage and construction in heavy industries.
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication in English, along with excellent listening skills.
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment in reaching conclusions.
- Effective negotiation skills to navigate various situations.
- Thorough understanding of engineering theories, principles, and techniques, with a focus on electrical engineering.
- Familiarity with local, state, and federal regulations related to environmental and safety issues.
- Knowledge of contract management practices, and experience in cement and/or lime manufacturing processes is a plus.
- Ability to use and troubleshoot engineering equipment such as measuring devices, calculators, computers, and programmable logic controllers (PLC’s).
- Physical agility to climb ladders and maneuver over rocky or uneven surfaces.
- Capable of exercising independent judgment in daily activities.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork abilities, working effectively with others to achieve common goals.
- Willingness to seek guidance from managers for unusual problems and complex situations.
- Dedication to staying current with new technologies, regulations, and work procedures, making valuable recommendations accordingly.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional development and advancement.
- Supportive work environment.
- Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are a motivated veteran with a background in electrical engineering, seeking a rewarding opportunity in FL, we invite you to apply. Join our team and utilize your valuable military experience to contribute to the success of our plant's electrical maintenance operations. Apply now and embark on a new chapter in your career.
Click here to apply online