Our client along with its business segments is looking for a Vendor Manager to help them with their purchasing requirements by establishing a network of providers who deliver high-quality products/services, timely and within Company parameters of margins. The vendor manager will be responsible for researching and identifying the vendors, be able to negotiate product pricing and finalize the right deal.
- Develop and maintain productive and long-standing relationships with vendors to ensure that the Company has sufficient coverage within the geographic footprint of its clients/customers.
- Develop and administer training curriculum for vendors including but not limited to articulation of client/customer product types, client/customer requirements and method(s) of delivery to the Company operating system and/or directly to client/customer operating system or vendor portal.
- Create and maintain for each vendor a comprehensive database of costs per unit for all services offered and for all markets (e.g. state and county) to ensure accurate and up to date information is available.
- Ensure open lines of communication with vendors for feedback and performance assessment and to ensure that positive relationships are maintained.
- Conduct research on available vendors to determine which vendors offer the best pricing and product quality. Implement a vendor selection programs on established criteria to ensure that the best vendors are secured.
- Establish vendor assessment standards. Provide detailed documentation on vendor performance relative to the standards and specific client/customer service level agreements.
- Track and monitor cost of goods sold to ensure that vendors are providing services to the Company within prescribed margins.
- Daily use of the company operating systems to document and track vendor activities including but not limited to initial introduction, customer set up, conference calls, processes discussions, transactional issues, service complaints, and growth opportunities.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- The role requires travel as needed to meet with / review vendors in their locations and to visit company offices
Vendor Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, marketing, business administration or related field
- 5 years of related and proven experience
- Demonstrate ability to plan, organize and analyze/interpret data, to monitor sales trends and suggest improvement measures.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing business operations
- Strong negotiation, sales, and decision-making skills. Prompt and detail-oriented when solving vendor issues
- Demonstrable strong client service mindset
- The ideal candidate will foster a strong relationship between vendors and the primary business unit(s) to drive client satisfaction.
- Track and document latest industry developments and consumer trends.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and critical thinking skills along with ability to effectively communicate workflow processes and policies with vendors will be an added advantage.