Vehicle Systems Engineer – GSE Equipment Manufacturer – Swanton, OH
This company manufactures and distributes a diverse range of highly-engineered ground support equipment (GSE) product lines. Their extensive engineering capabilities and customer collaborations have driven innovative solutions that support safe and efficient aircraft ground operations. They occupy an array of aviation industries including OEM and defense. 5 subsidiaries have been acquired within the last several years. With sales and repair centers across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia, the company seeks to become the become world’s largest manufacturer of GSE.
The Vehicle Systems Engineer will design and coordinate the development and integration of new technology and improvements into electric and engine-powered vehicle product lines. This individual must possess the vision necessary to advance the company’s vehicle product lines in anticipation of current and future customer demands.
- Develop and manage system designs for new electric and engine powered vehicles equipment and/or modify existing equipment, taking into consideration improved economy, operational performance and other metrics to ensure customer satisfaction
- Identify and implement any additional design requirements as cited by the customer
- Perform FEA on components that lend themselves to high degree of stress in vehicle application
- Utilize CATIA, SolidWorks, and National Instruments DAQ systems in the testing new and existing equipment to ensure operational performance meets design specifications
- Coordinate with OEM’s to meet their vehicle requirements
- Determine new vehicle development product specifications with sales team
- Develop cost/margin analysis for new products in collaboration with management
- A. in Mechanical, Electrical, Vehicle Engineering or related field
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in Vehicle Design (electric or engine-driven preferred) or related field
- Automotive or Aerospace background preferred
- Thorough knowledge of electric vehicle standards, systems and processes
- Flowcharting and technical writing skills preferred
- Previous experience with project planning required
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally unassisted
- Up to 30% travel may be required to attend trade shows, trouble shooting, product launches, CDR’s, PDR’s, and design launches.
If interested, please apply directly to this posting.
- At the company’s discretion, a combination of experience and education may be substituted for these requirements