GeneCoda has been engaged to identify and evaluate candidates, for a Variant Scientist located in the RTP, NC marketplace.
About Our Client:
Our client offers molecular products and services that enable precision medicine in the field of oncology.
Our client seeks an exceptional Variant Scientist with experience in oncology variant calling using CAP or ACMG guidelines to observe existing laboratory operations and codify SOP’s. In later 2020 or early 2021, the Variant Scientist will expand the team to 2-4 people doing variant calling, offering the hired candidate the ability to garner management experience as part of his / her career track!
- Curate and interpret somatic variants from both solid tumor and hematologic malignancies.
- Create draft reports from a variety of molecular diagnostic testing.
- Work with pathologists to generate reporting templates within the reporting system.
- Develop SOPs for variant curation and reclassification.
- Participate in assay development and validation.
- Be a key member of a scientific team.
Education / Experience: A Ph.D. or master’s degree in genetics, cancer cell biology, molecular pathology, or related field is preferred.
- Experience in variant curation and interpretation.
- Familiarity with clinical informatics platforms (e.g. QCI, Alissa)
- Familiarity with CAP/CLIA requirements for molecular testing and reporting.
- Programming (e.g. R/SAS/Perl/Python) and/or bioinformatics experience is preferred.
- Problem-solving abilities related to instrument and/or process troubleshooting.
- Unparalleled ability to collaborate with teams of physicians, scientists, and clients.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally.
- Commitment to detailed record-keeping consistent with all regulatory requirements.
GeneCoda refers qualified applicants for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, disability, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, family medical history or genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, Vietnam Era Veteran status or other protected military status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.