Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Van Driver.
- 3 Month Temporary Contract
- Nights 37 hours per week. Mon-Wed 8pm till 6am and Thurs 8pm-3am
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union
To ensure the storage and distribution of goods, transporting to internal sites and customers.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Loading, transporting and delivery items to internal sites and Customers in a safe and timely manner
- To complete daily tasks as required
- Participate in the daily SQDCP board meeting
- Maintaining the traceability of all products, ensure materials and job cards are kept together.
- Take receipt of goods, reviewing loads before and after delivery to ensure the orders are complete
- Maintain good Housekeeping in vehicles, delivery & despatch areas
- Ensure packaging materials are correctly stored reused and waste is recycled
- Ensure goods are correctly packed and labelled, as per Dispatch SOP
- Ensure all paperwork has been completed eg COC
- Assist the Stores Team leader/ Supervisor in all duties deemed necessary to facilitate Operations
- Able to work different shift patterns to support the business needs (as required)
- Abiding by all transportation laws and maintaining a safe
- Ensuring adherence to Magellan UK departmental policies and corporate procedures
- Interpret and comply with company HSE Policies and safety regulations
- Identify potential hazards and take appropriate action to eliminate
- To ensure the work area complies to the company wide 6S standards
- Competent in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Attention to detail
- Good Communicator
- Can analyse data
- Problem solver & decision maker
- Customer focused
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!