Magellan Aerospace, Middletown has an exciting opportunity for a Vacuum Braze Mechanic.
This is a full-time non-exempt role where the successful candidate will be expected to lay up various types of brazing and brazed honeycomb assemblies by performing the following duties.
- Set up and operate any equipment and tooling in the brazing areas.
- Perform brazing of assemblies or installation of sheet metal and honeycomb parts to assemblies.
- Work blueprint requirements to build complicated brazed assemblies
- Check Shop Order for sequence of operations, blueprint dimensions and ascertains that all operations necessary to make blueprint parts are on Shop Order.
- Set up spot and seam welders for certification and production runs; assists in certification of equipment; ensures material combinations, according to government and contractual specifications.
- Submit test panels to process laboratory for necessary testing.
- Apply braze alloy to face sheets, edge members, and core to face assemblies
- Mix binder and inhibitors and perform binder and alloy application
- Maintain log for batch numbers, units sprayed, and weight.
- Basic housekeeping to clean up the area from the work performed and to maintain the housekeeping in the area using the proper conventional utensils
- File, cut, fit, burr, tack weld, or otherwise fastens pieces of sub-assemblies into properly related positions
- Pre-fit and clamp parts and pieces in proper relationship while being tack welded or otherwise assembled into a completed unit
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Blue Print Reading
- Use of Precision Measuring Instruments
- Use of various hand tools
- Thorough knowledge of metal and honeycomb braze and materials
- Tack and Spot Welding Techniques
- Must be able to work 2nd shift (3pm-11pm)
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (100% coverage at contracted facilities with very low premiums)
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program
- Company social events including cook outs, holiday party, offsite meetings, service awards, spin the wheel, department outings to sporting events, and more!
- Employee Engagement Committee
- Fully covered Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts on tickets to exclusive events and entertainment
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.