VP or Sr. Director Business Development CDMO
Home Office Based
GeneCoda has been retained to identify and evaluate candidates for a VP or Senior Director of Business Development to be located in a US based home office.
About Our Client:
Our client is a contract manufacturing organization (CDMO) that provides development and manufacturing services for cell therapies. They are experts in the field of cell therapy and provide a collaborative approach to their clients. As a trusted partner to early-stage biotechnology companies in the cell and gene therapy space, they are focused on building a scientifically robust organization that is highly collaborative, flexible, and skilled at developing these highly complex therapies.
Our client is in the process of building a unique and modern agile CDMO that has high technical acumen and is digitally enabled. They have a strong focus on building strategic partnerships and providing top-notch services to their clients.
Our client is intentional about the types of clients they take on, and they navigate this carefully to ensure that they are generating revenue while staying true to their values. They are looking for someone who shares their passion for creating exceptional work and who is excited about the opportunity to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Reporting to the CEO, you will play a critical role in bringing the company vision to life. A builder by nature, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of exciting projects, including developing go-to-market strategies, building strategic partnerships, and creating a strong brand presence in the market.
You will work closely with the marketing team to develop innovative strategies that will enable competitive differentiation. As our client launches operations, you will have the ability to influence how the commercial client-facing organization is built, including elements such as building the CRM system, project management organization and customer acquisition strategy.
You will be responsible for building and cultivating prospective and existing customer relationships, as well as technology scouting. You will research, identify, investigate, and develop new business opportunities through cold calling, trade shows, conferences, and various other means within the industry.
You will gain a solid understanding of the requirements necessary to identify and satisfy customer needs and ensure that our client can fulfill those needs through communications with key internal and external stakeholders. You will be the primary liaison with customers regarding new business identification through contract fulfillment and will effectively manage the transition to the internal project team once the deal is signed.
If you are a top talent who is looking for an exciting new challenge and wants to be a part of a growing and innovative company building something truly special, we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll do?
- Execute business development and sales initiatives.
- Identify potential new clients, arrange meetings with key decision makers within biopharmaceutical companies, and invite core colleagues to participate in the meeting/conference calls when required.
- Identify prospective partners and clients through systematic outreach and attendance of conferences and networking events.
- Understand the cell and gene therapy market and communicate our client’s value proposition.
- Establish new company relationships within the Cell and Gene Therapy industry.
- Call on prospective accounts, provide technical and administrative product information, coordinate presentations, and support proposal generation.
- Participate in company initiatives for securing new business and maintaining relationships with existing clients.
- Present our client’s core technical services to clients and prospective clients in biopharma.
- Scout for new technology development opportunities that would differentiate our client in the cell and gene therapy CDMO space.
- Negotiate agreements.
- Coordinate Request for Proposal (RFP) response internally and externally.
- Over time, build a robust sales team capability for growing the business.
- Work closely with executive leadership to develop commercial strategy, goals, and actions.
- Transparently track and communicate progress on new and existing customers with the leadership team.
- Work with internal teams to translate client needs and expectations into reality.
- Accompany and/or host customers for onsite company visits/audits.
- Work with internal stakeholders in manufacturing, process development, project management, engineering etc. to facilitate successful proposal, negotiation, and implementation process.
- Other duties, as required.
Your Education: A bachelor’s degree in business or related, Biochemistry, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, or related life science major is required.
- 15+ years Sales/Business Development experience, with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership position and a proven track record of success.
- Key account and territory management experience with academic, biotech / pharmaceutical life science customers.
- Must understand relevant pharma market initiatives and preferably have previous relationships with researchers in these accounts.
- Hire, recruit, coach, and train employees within a Business Development context.
- Previously set up CRM and/or other sales operations frameworks, preferred.
- Prior Project Management team leadership experience, preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- A positive and enthusiastic personality and the energy and drive to bring new customer deals to a successful conclusion.
- Superb presentation, writing, and analytical abilities.
- Excel in a fast-paced work environment.
- A hands-on, roll-up-your sleeves attitude and an ability to adapt to evolving priorities.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Driven by the opportunity to build frameworks and organizations.
- Ability to work on complex problems with multiple interdependencies.
- Ability to travel up to 50%, as dictated by client, conference, and marketing needs.
GeneCoda refers qualified applicants for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, disability, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, family medical history or genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, Vietnam Era Veteran status or other protected military status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.