Title: VP of Transportation, SPARC Group
Reports to: SVP Logistics, Construction and Real Estate
Location: Lyndhurst, NJ Overview:
SPARC Group LLC is an operating partner to global brands, providing retail and ecommerce management, sourcing, design, logistics, construction, real estate and other operational and administrative support to 6 retail brands. It currently operates Aeropostale, Nautica, Forever 21, Lucky Brand, Brooks Brothers and Eddie Bauer in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada. SPARC Group LLC is owned, through its parent company SPARC Group Holdings LLC, by Simon Property Group and Authentic Brands Group. With Aeropostale, Nautica, Forever 21, Lucky, Brooks Brothers and Eddie Bauer combined; SPARC Group operates retail locations, a strong wholesale business with thousands of points of sale in the U.S., and the ecommerce platforms for all brands.
The VP of Transportation manages a team that is responsible for the flow of merchandise into and from our network of distribution centers and third party logistics providers. This position has a strong emphasis on managing import logistics across brands with brokers, freight forwarders, and drayage providers, as well as domestic transportation to our points of distribution and ultimately the delivery to our stores, ecommerce customers and wholesale accounts. The successful candidate will bring an understanding of national and international import/export supply chain, possess strong negotiation and analytical skills, and demonstrate the ability to effectively troubleshoot issues, communicate, and drive results.Position Responsibilities:
• Partner with brokers, carriers, licensees, and our internal Production Operations Department and Distribution Centers to manage the inbound receipt flow for FOB and licensee shipments.
• Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, and/or frequency.
• Utilize 3PL systems, company systems, and Excel to track inbound Ocean and Air freight from origin to distribution centers in the US and Canada.
• Create and manage business reporting, including inbound forecasting.
• Manage KPI reporting for all aspects of cost and service across the transportation network.
• Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, or performance evaluation, contract negotiation and oversee invoice payment processes.
• Manage compliance team across the brands that are responsible for duty payment and audits.
• Resolve issues as they may occur. Identify and address opportunities for improvement.Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Supply Chain, Business, or Operations
• 7 - 10 years prior import/customs brokerage experience
• 5 - 7 years domestic transportation experience.
• Experience in application of regulatory requirements, forms, licenses and certifications affecting imported and exported products. Working knowledge/mastery of US Harmonized Tariff Classification
• Systems and Tools Acumen: Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
• Analytic Skills: Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
• Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of partners
• Possess strong organizational and time management skills
• Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills#LI-JD1SPARC Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce, and are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, civil partnership, status as a covered veteran, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States, citizenship and any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Characteristics”).Click here to apply online