Reporting to the VP of Sales & Solutions for a leading provider of Customs Brokerage, Freight Forwarding and 3PL services. Since 1989, our client has developed the expertise to provide clients with complex logistic solutions as well as a commitment to setting a standard of excellence ensuring freight deadlines, schedules and documentation requirements are met. They take pride in their culture which is inclusive, high-energy, positive, and collaborative.
Our client is seeking a VP of Solution Sales who will be charged with selling primarily transportation management solutions (Truckload, LTL, Expedited) as well as traditional international freight forwarding services (air & ocean transportation, customs brokerage). The VP will leverage industry experience and draw on previous successes to further develop and grow the service offerings for our client. This role requires frequent collaboration with the internal sales and operations teams as they look to convert more domestic service opportunities.
The successful candidate will foster a diligent “hunting” mentality to generate sales and facilitate client relations, track new markets and emerging trends, recommend new services, propose, and develop new strategic partnerships, write proposals and plans, and guide long-term objectives to meet business needs and requirements.Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Freight forwarding and/or transportation sales (7+ years)
- Proven track record of sales success
- Excellent knowledge of regional markets and competitive landscape
- Multimodal transportation (ocean, air, import, export, TL, LTL, rail)
- Prepares bids, pricing proposals, RFP’s etc.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Time, territory & contact management
- Computer literate: Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Residence: Remote USA
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Freight forwarding operations
- “Hunter” mentality
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Executive level presentation (C level, VP, Directors)
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Practice Director: Linda Marmash
Freight Forwarding TransportationLmarmash@GlobalESG.com
330.664.9400, ext.129Click here to apply online