Provide overall sales & marketing leadership that establishes CEC as a high performing sales team, meeting or exceeding the company’s sales goals and objectives.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Executive Leadership Team: Active member of the CEC Executive Leadership Team, providing input that ensures CEC meets its overall goals and objectives.
- Staff Development: Develops and maintains an industry leading sales team with greater than 80% annual success rate for sales people.
- Develop and maintain a training program for new and seasoned staff
- Conducts ride-a-longs for coaching/mentoring and feedback purposes.
- Provides direct leadership to General Managers in building and maintaining high performing sales teams.
- Business Development: Generate a need for CEC services.
- Provides direct leadership to General Managers in developing and executing Go-To-Market strategies.
- Lead Marketing team (brand management/communications) that positions each suite as the experts in their industry.
- Use data & analytics to establish market/customer targets by territory and technology.
- Sales Compensation Plans: Develops and maintains a sales compensation plan aligned with desired outcomes.
- Sales Process/Methodologies: Develops, maintains, communicates simple and clear sales process/methodologies unique to each sales role (Direct, RMR, Construction, Account Management)
- Each unique in providing a sales deliverable that is unmatched in our market(s).
- Consistently achieves a 99% compliance with sales process/methodologies.
- Sales Budgets: Overall CEC sales leadership
- Works with GM’s to establish sales goals per suite
- Establishes sales goals for the company, including enterprise, RMR, construction and account management.
- Establish and communicate clear metrics needed to achieve the sales goals.
- Customers: Directly engaged in high profile opportunities/accounts, pulls in other executives and resources when needed to help solidify the business.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Vice President Sales directly supervises managers/sales people directly reporting as well as sales sponsor to General Managers.
- Proven success mentoring and developing sales teams with exceptional strategic, planning and execution skills.
- Four year degree from an accredited college, university, or technical institution with coursework in communications, marketing, business, or IT, or substitute 2 years pertinent experience for each year of education.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and lead well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Excellent Presentation Skills, large and small groups
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Preferred experience in a corporation, involved in multiple work functions and/or management environment within the communications industry.
- Strong consultative sales knowledge and processes
- Strong knowledge of communications systems, including audio, video, security, fire alarm, wireless, and data networks.
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Excel is preferred.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some light lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- This job is primarily located in a private office.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
As a part of your total compensation, CEC provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K with a variety of investment selections
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified
females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.