Reporting to the President for a non-asset logistics organization in business for 34 years with a focus on providing cost effective solutions, maintain clear and transparent communication, and be the go-to, reliable logistics provider.
The Vice President of Sales will be responsible for all aspects of sales and customer relationship management and will be focused on strategic initiatives that drive revenue growth in line with defined business strategies. Will be responsible for expanding overall business through business development with new customers, managing relationships with existing customers, capturing, and communicating our unique value to customers, planning and executing all sales and marketing strategies, building a highly effective sales team, while communicating the company’s vision and successfully executing the company’s sales and brand building objectives. Will hire, lead, and develop a team of experienced sales professionals, provide professional sales training, development, coaching and leadership across the Sales organization, and provide employee promotion opportunities with training, supervision, performance evaluation, and guidance to build individuals and the organization. Will provide strategic perspective on how the organization approaches the market and grows within new markets and analyze existing and developing new market segments to determine the best penetration and expansion strategies. Will work with the company marketing function to identify and develop new customers for products and services. Will collaborate with business group leadership by effectively communicating Sales and Marketing vision and strategy and demonstrating capability of effective strategic conversation with the senior management. The challenge is to build a world-class commercial team, increase revenues, and capture market share with defined business strategies. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Successful track record of executive transportation sales leadership with increasing responsibility (10+ years)
- Leadership within sales and marketing with increasing responsibility (6+ years)
- People processes (Management development, Training, Retention, Performance based leadership)
- Mode of Transportation (Reefer, Dry Van, Flatbed, Managed Transportation)
- Sales performance Metrics (KPI’s, Client development)
- Commercial Responsibility (New business, Contract negotiation, Account Management, C-level Interface)
- Business planning (annual sales plans, budgeting, pipeline management, financing, forecasting)
- Pricing and Margin for new business opportunities (RFP/RFQ responses)
- Computer Skills (Microsoft Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Residence: Rutherford, NJ (regional area)
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Graduate degree (i.e., Masters, MBA, Logistics)
- Experience in temperature-controlled transportation
- Advanced Financial Knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to motivate diverse personnel through collaborative skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Practice Leader: Michael Koch
330.664.9400, ext.165Click here to apply online