Our client has demonstrated rapid growth and success over the last 15 years. In an industry that, historically, has been resistant to change, this multi-division animal nutrition company is the exception. Canadian owned and Alberta-based, they do not just sell feed. Their approach is to cater to all aspects of a successful farm – taking care to understand both their team members and their customers’ individualized needs.
Since their start in 2004, they have joined forces with existing brands/companies – allowing them to continue to offer specialized services in a simplistic approach that their customers appreciate. They offer unparalleled support, advice, and products to their specialized customer groups within the dairy and beef industries.
Through growth and success, senior management roles evolve. Our client is adding a strategic VP of Sales and Marketing to the Senior Leadership team. This position will champion the business strategy and provide leadership, guidance, and support for the company's vision and objectives. Champion interdepartmental collaboration and position the company to exceed customer expectations. You will develop and mentor consultants while growing the businesses within each house brand.
Our client has a corporate culture that rejects the status quo – they are always looking for ways to improve and be more efficient while taking care of the customer. You will work with a team that is passionate about their jobs. They show a desire to do their best every day by “doing the right thing” – caring deeply about their customers and, in return delivering top-quality service.
If you are an enthusiastic individual with a positive, self-motivated, and goal-oriented mindset, we encourage you to apply. This is an environment in which continuous learning, challenge, and self-improvement abide.
In this key position, your key areas of impact will include:
- Develop, oversee, and coordinate execution of strategic sales initiatives and marketing plans
- Lead, manage and be accountable for revenue growth across all brands; support and maximize brand strategies and initiatives
- Collaborate, align and strategize with the Leadership Team to drive performance and accountability
- Advocate for customer and consultants’ needs; result in happy customers
- Keep up to date with industry trends to understand customer evolving expectations
- Create and support strong relationships between each Team Leader and their teams
- Understand the internal capabilities and processes of manufacturing and logistics
- Support product innovation at a customized and branded level; seek out and develop supplier relationships
- Build and manage a strong, geographically diverse team in an open and honest manner
- Build and manage cross-functional relationships between each division and brand
- Partner with the Marketing team to develop, plan and execute internal and external sales meetings and customer events
- Ensure the company marketing “feel” stays constant and cohesive across all brands
- Review and simplify all company processes for reliable application
Success-focused selection criteria include:
- Post-secondary degree in Sales and Marketing, business, agriculture, or a related field.
- A career path that has demonstrated success in marketing, sales, business, and agriculture
- 5+ years’ agricultural sales, marketing or technical experience
- 5+ years’ managing a team of 6+ reports
- Strong business acumen and a strategic mindset
- Exceptional team and relationship building abilities
- Practical knowledge and application of sales and marketing opportunities and processes
- Demonstrated willingness to be receptive to change; adaptable and flexible
This is an immediate opportunity, and further offers a competitive salary, attractive performance-based bonus program, profit sharing, RRSP, benefits, travel, and expense coverage.
If you are looking for an opportunity to have input into how a company approaches the marketplace and to make a significant impact on a company’s success, then this position is for you!
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you personally might like more information on, contact Mike Bachner at 1-866-519-2793. All correspondence is confidential. Applicants must be fully entitled to work in Canada to be considered.
Not the position for you? Consider our referral policy!
While we appreciate all those applying, due to the number of applications, only those that meet the requirements will be contacted for further discussion.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!
Click here to apply online