VP of Operations
Our client is a growing branded manufacturer & distributor of team sports equipment and apparel. We are privately owned and have been delivering high-value, traditional & innovative athletic equipment and apparel via outstanding, integrity-driven customer service for thirty-five years. We currently have an immediate opening for a VP of Operations experienced within 100 to 300 million in revenue and who is ready to assist in steering rapid operational growth. The candidate must be a collaborative leader with a strong sense of urgency, the ability to influence, be process driven, analytical and organized.
This position reports to the President and is part of the Senior Leadership Team. It manages teams that handle demand and supply forecasting, inventory, domestic and international logistics, domestic facilities, safety, and the operations of three distribution centers. The company’s strategic plan will serve as guide for development of objectives and action plans for each functional area under management and is in Wheeling, IL.
- Oversees demand forecasting and supply planning for all finished good inventory.
- Manages overseas logistics for the transport of raw materials and finished goods between factories and from factories to distribution centers.
- Supervises the relationship management and issues associated with small parcel carriers as well as trucking companies used to distribute products to customers.
- Leads the distribution center management team to optimize inventory integrity, on-time shipments and efficiency in all facilities.
- Manages raw material receipt of goods, integrity, storage and delivery to production floor picking locations.
- Monitors the duties of Department Heads to ensure their alignment with our strategic plan.
- Determines appropriate customs classifications, with product management team, for importing product and ensuring that products clear customs as expected under trade agreements. Including, but not limited to, CAFTA, HOPE and AGOA.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new processes, technologies, and systems to improve organizational efficiencies.
- Continuous improvement of our processes that are evaluated through clear and relevant performance metrics.
- Fosters a strong culture that empowers all team members to participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Recruits, evaluates, and hires leaders with the skills, competencies, and talent to propel the organization forward.
- Serves as the leader of collaborative interdepartmental process improvements to deliver absolute reliability to our customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain, or other industry-related field required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience within Operations & Supply Chain Management.
- Experience with process improvement, inventory management, international logistics and transportation.
- Strong knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, motivational, analytical problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to build cross-functional partnerships and engage in and lead cross-functional teams and initiatives.
- Experience with developing and monitoring operation strategies, process manifests and performance metrics.
- Strong ability to build relationships, coach and inspire the team.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, MRP, ERP, WMS systems or related software.
A full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as short-term and long-term disability, 401K, Profit Sharing, paid time off, holidays and reimbursement toward gym membership fees.