Our client, located in Central Florida, just north of Orlando, has an immediate opening for a Commercial Construction Vice President of Business Development.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Develop strategies and objectives in support of the overall business development goals. Responsible for the business development process by acquiring and defining project opportunities, along with performing research and managing client contact.
- Identify the total market potential for each target market. Develop and implement action plans to improve market share. Prepare, develop and ensure high-quality proposals and presentations. Identify new market trends including architectural design, geographic, economic, etc.
- Has a thorough understanding of the competitors in the market; developing and implementing effective strategies in winning new business.
- Participate in the estimating/budgeting process for competitive proposals while taking into account project-specific challenges.
- Maintain a level of ownership of each project to ensure the day to day operations of the project are transitioned effectively to Project Managers from Pre-Construction when work commences in the field.
- Provide leadership and business judgment on all financial and profitability aspects of new projects. Establish profit margins with the Director or Preconstruction and Project Manager at the beginning of the project and mentor the team on how to increase profit levels.
- As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, develop strategies and provide direction for the organization. Be knowledgeable about company goals and financial progress. Support the strategic plan to advance the company’s mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth as an organization.
- Communicate with the President and Senior Leadership Team on any and all issues that could be detrimental or create new opportunities.
- Create and lead a culture of respect, integrity, and open communication. An environment that is conducive to teamwork and that delivers a high level of customer satisfaction, revenue growth, and profitability. Manage and mentor the team in managing key stakeholder relationships and maintaining company reputation.
- Exceptional communication skills with a minimum 15 years of related experience in business development roles with at least 5 years of leadership experience (staff and subcontractor) and a focus in commercial construction experience.
- Has a proven track record of getting contracts closed in the three to fifteen million dollar range.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in a relevant field such as Construction Management, Engineering, or Architecture. MBA or Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of construction procedures, trade practices, building codes, project scheduling, project cost control, and safety procedures. Experienced in estimating, defining scopes of work and pricing labor and material during the bid process.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate complex activities, prioritize conflicting demands, and manage workflow to ensure quality and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in utilizing technology solutions to assist in database management, proposal creation, and other business development processes.
- Ability to develop financial plans and manage resources. Ability to analyze and interpret financial data; comprehend, model, and analyze development pro-formas and project estimates.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to effectively plan and prioritize.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including public speaking), with proven negotiation skills. Ability to understand customer requirements and to produce highly professional proposals and presentations.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a positive attitude. Ability to drive goals and results while maintaining quality and attention to critical details.
- Demonstrated strong ethics in interpersonal relations and work as an effective, collaborative team member to produce high-quality results.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
For consideration submit resume to email@example.com
Click here to apply online