Title: VP, Total Rewards
Location: Gaithersburg, MD/Remote
Contact: Matt Hoefling
VP, Total Rewards
Reporting to the CHRO, the Vice President, Total Rewards is a key member of the global HR leadership team at the Client. The successful candidate will be in a unique position to support the company’s growth, business plans and talent strategies while working closely with the company’s CHRO, Compensation Committee and colleagues across the HR team.
The Client seeks a strategic and innovative leader with previous direct experience leading compensation, benefits and HRIS for a global, growing life sciences organization. This new leader will ensure that the Client’s compensation and benefits programs are forward-thinking and competitive and support the company’s business and talent strategy by attracting the best talent, helping the business grow in new areas, supporting a competitive market position and driving company performance, culture, and employee engagement.
In addition, this Vice President will lead the Client’s efforts to build a next-generation HRIS and people analytics capability and ensure flawless delivery of HR programs and processes. This individual will be a key member of the HR leadership team and will consult with the company’s leadership team to ensure programs are consistent with business strategy and competitive positioning in all markets.
Cultural fit of the successful candidate to the company is an extremely important criterion for their success at the Client. Characteristics sought for a strong cultural fit include curiosity, strategic and independent thinking, the ability to influence key stakeholders and decision makers, a “hands-on” approach, attention to detail, ability to build excellent working relationships internally and externally, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide strategy and leadership for Compensation, Benefits, and HRIS globally.
- Overall responsibility for compensation and benefits strategy, plans, programs and activities. This will include leading the planning, design, implementation, communication and delivery of worldwide compensation and benefits programs, including: executive, equity, broad-based and international compensation; US benefits; international benefits, and expatriate compensation and policies.
- Work collaboratively with HR colleagues, Legal, and Finance on all comp & benefit related matters as appropriate.
- Drive a compensation strategy that supports the company’s business and talent acquisition strategies to attract a highly diverse, market-leading, multi-national workforce.
- Work with the Compensation Committee and external compensation consultants in partnership with the CHRO, to discuss new strategies and key decision-making related to executive compensation and survey related work.
- Develop and execute a multi-national benefits strategy that keeps the company competitive and progressive in all locations globally and especially within the bio pharmaceutical industry.
- Build a business-focused analytics capability to help inform decision making and an understanding of key workforce and talent trends.
- Provide strategic and market competitive services in international benefits, relocation, mobility, etc. Ensure that the company’s HRIS system continues to provide employees and managers with the tools and information they need daily.
- As part of the core HR team, provide leadership on M&A due diligence and integration as the Company continues to growth organically and through acquisitions.
- Develop and build relationships with key business leaders and HR teammates so that strategies reflect the needs of the many stakeholders at the company.
- Build and lead a strong team that is collaborative, client-centric and aligned to deliver strategies and programs that fit the Client’s culture.
- Ensure that all rewards programs align to company values and drive the desired employment experience globally.
- At least 15 years of relevant global experience in an organization(s) recognized for forward-thinking capability in the HR/Total Rewards function in a biotechnology/pharmaceutical company.
- A. or B.S. required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Leadership for Compensation, Benefits, and HRIS within a global life sciences company known for an innovative culture.
- Direct experience with Compensation Committees is preferred.
- Deep expertise in executive compensation strategy and execution, inclusive of working with external consultants required.
- Proven leadership in driving highly competitive global Benefits strategies.
- Proven leadership of high performing teams with a track record of developing people and building succession-capable talent.
- Leads and influences through collaboration.
- Displays contemporary knowledge of compensation and benefits philosophy, practices, trends and regulations.
- Positions rewards strategy in the context of broader HR, company and culture strategies.
- Has a track record of innovative and creative problem solving with strong analytical skills along with the ability to adjust quickly to changes.
- Displays the highest level of confidence, humility, judgement and integrity.
- Communication skills across all levels and groups, including the ability to listen and foster dialogue across a wide range of stakeholders. Has a track record of “connecting the dots” with other HR colleagues (i.e., HRBP’s, recruiters, etc.) as a proactive total rewards leader.