Purpose of Position:
The VP, Technology & Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), will have a leadership role setting and leading the overall technology and security strategy. Will collaborate with Solutions and Delivery to conceive of, design, prototype and build technology-enabled solutions.
Primary Position Objectives:
- Partner closely with Solutions, Delivery, Data Science and executive leadership to deliver the next generations of our customer-facing solutions.
- Constantly develop, test and fail as you drive the broader team to innovate rapidly.
- Partner closely with Solution leaders and Tech team members to help define our target state architecture and define the software development guiding principles that will align with the target.
- Make the infrastructure and data privacy decisions to ensure we are scalable and secure.
This is a creative and strategic leadership role, that requires you to be able operate at the 30,000-ft level and then dive into the grittiest of details, to ensure we are heading in the right direction and delivering a holistic solution. In this role, you will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
Nearly every day you will:
- Partner with Solutions to deliver scalable products.
- Develop solution concepts and prototypes.
- Influence 3 to 5 year Solution and platform roadmap.
- Build and deploy a best-in-class data security and privacy environment.
- Partner with CEO and fundraising team to raise funds for new technology initiatives.
- Assist in the development of grant proposals focused on technology investment.
- Be part of pitch team as technical thought leader.
Oversee all aspects of the centralized technology function including:
- Testing and project management teams to simultaneously manage multiple complex development projects including internal and outsourced development, QA and integration.
- Full technology stack including NetSuite, DNN and .Net platforms.
- Enterprise security compliance and network configurations, including Amazon and Azure.
- Platform architecture evolution and drive interconnections of back-office tools with the development teams.
- Set technology standards and direct the execution of initiatives from inception through execution
- Create flexible resource models to ensure ready access to skills and capacity needed to meet market deadlines.
- Develop organizational design and blueprint to increase overall efficacy of our digital engineering functions.
- Develop and maintain a network of partners, vendors and consultants to ensure global thinking and best-in-class capabilities
- Define key metrics and analytics for measuring the performance of the development teams.
A passion to change education and a strong desire to help other people succeed, with a history of building and leading high-performing teams
Bachelor's Degree required; Master’s preferred.
- At least 7 years of experience as VP, Technology or similar executive level where you held a crucial role in product development, data privacy and security, managing outsourced teams and building key stakeholder relationships with a history of solving complex business problems.
- Mastery of education-related data privacy and security requirements. Acting as CISO or Data Privacy Officer preferred.
- Familiarity with relevant technology and CRM systems (including, DNN, NetSuite and .Net platforms, MS-SQL, Power BI, NetSuite), cloud hosting including Amazon and Azure and database technologies.
- Significant experience hiring key personnel/managing vendors to support software development and security, including expert consultants, architects, programmers, QAs, security supporting third parties and database administrators.
- Strong understanding of Agile/Scrum software development methodology.
- Experience developing a long-term technology roadmap for our business that includes implementing short-term improvements in existing systems.
- The drive to develop new and innovative education solutions – must be able to provide and enable out-of-the-box thinking based on user needs and not be constrained by “what exists today.”
- Love to work in ambiguity and solve complex problems.
- Confidence in leading infrastructure, operational and application development teams.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills, and desire to speak internally and externally.
- Must command technical respect – you can dive into technical discussions and deeply understand and influence them while appreciating decision-making processes that drive the business forward.
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, with no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
- relevant: 7 years (Preferred)