VP of Manufacturing
Reports To: COO
Location: SE USA
The VP of Manufacturing is responsible for strategic planning, execution of all Manufacturing Operations and production activities.
Primary areas of responsibilities include:
- Provide hands on leadership and direction for fast moving, complex, customer-focused product lines.
- Assures optimum utilization of equipment, raw materials and labor.
- Plans and directs production activities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate problems and improve Quality.
- Communicates with other key leaders to ensure proper material and product handling, maintenance, accounting and inventory control activities and procedures.
- Works as a member of a cross-functional team including Sales, Marketing, R&D, and Supply Chain professionals to set strategy, commercialize, and optimize new product and process opportunities.
- Promotes a safe working environment in compliance with all Company and governmental safety standards and regulations.
- Develops and implements cost reduction programs that lower cost and improve quality.
- Ensures that managers and their supervisors are trained properly and have established developmental plans for all direct and indirect reports. Conducts annual performance assessments for direct reports.
- Develops formal training programs and procedures with excellent implementation.
- Builds High Performance teams by recruiting, training, and developing subordinates as well as setting expectations and goals that align with Plaid’s Strategic Plan and Operations' strategy.
- Ability to work weekends and extended hours as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree required in Chemistry or 10 years of formulating and filling liquids experience.
- Business management or supply chain management can be accepted if candidate has 8-10 years of experience in paint manufacturing .MBA Preferred.
- 15 years of progressive Manufacturing exp. ten or more years in management with responsibility for a manufacturing facility including distribution with a minimum of 300 employees.
- Must have experience in 24/7 environment with multiple production line experience and departments.
- Strong employee relations, interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Must be a hands on operator with an analytical mindset with a high attention to detail is required.
- Extensive use of key performance indicators required.
- Experience in AS400 desired.
- Microsoft office skills needed including, Excel and Word.