Our client is a triple channel specialty retailer (brick & mortar, ecommerce and wholesale) in a niche market with little significant competition.
Please note: apparel industry experience is required.
The VP Managing Director, Wholesale Business Development is responsible for setting the strategy and vision for our client’s newly established wholesale business. The primary focus is to develop and grow the business to meet or exceed wholesale financial goals. This position provides leadership and coaching, to identify opportunities and drive innovation in building the business and maximizing return on investment for the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with other key members of the Senior Leadership team in setting and executing organizational goals.
- Set wholesale strategy and operating plans to deliver steady and sustained growth in the wholesale business.
- Ensure strategy and plans are aligned with overall company goals and are communicated and understood.
- Set and deliver on aggressive goals for identifying and securing new customers.
- Deliver steady growth with existing wholesale partners.
- Establish strong business partnerships with new and existing wholesale customers.
- Manage relationships to ensure customer service levels are met or exceeded.
- Negotiate costs, gross margin and delivery, effectively and profitably.
- Act as the project lead for wholesale expansion ensuring internal stake holders are collaborative and make decisions that reflect the best interests of the organization.
- Ensure wholesale team works collaboratively with Global Sourcing and Merchandising in the creation of wholesale lines.
- Partner with the Global Sourcing team to source product through existing qualified vendors and manufacturers to maximize strategic pricing.
- Provide consistent guidance, training and direction to all direct reports. Conduct performance evaluations through ongoing feedback and documentation. Motivate teams and provide leadership to manage the business.
- Facilitate analysis of ongoing operations and identify opportunities for improvement to streamline processes and improve efficiency.
- Global Sourcing, Merchandising, Planning & Allocations, Distribution & Logistics, Finance, Legal, Marketing, Human Resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- 10-15 years of experience in wholesale sales and operations with a minimum of 5 years at Director level; track record of success.
- Experience in design, global sourcing and operations, production and product development within the retail and wholesale industry.
- Extensive knowledge of garment manufacturing, including construction, fabrication, trim and print techniques.
- Strong executive presence with ability to inspire all audiences.
- Proven leadership, influencing, and negotiation skills.
- Effective communication skills – written and verbal.