Our client located in Toronto is looking for a Vice President, IT Operations, Infrastructure and Cybersecurity for their growing team.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead, mentor, and grow the IT Operations, Infrastructure, and Cybersecurity team creating a culture that fosters engagement, passion, and enthusiasm for the corporate objectives.
- Develop and document the IT strategy as it relates to infrastructure, cybersecurity, and operations; implement and operationalize the strategy along with documenting the related policies and programs.
- Manage IT operations, cybersecurity, and infrastructure projects from a total systems perspective ensuring that any impacts to end-users are identified and addressed in partnership with business change management support from the Project Management team; ensure projects with workstreams requiring support from the IT Operations, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure team are appropriately resourced and project milestones are delivered on time, in scope, and on budget.
- Cyber Security:
- Develop, implement, maintain, and oversee the organization's cybersecurity program ensuring the ability to identify and detect threats, and protect, respond, and recover from threats and incidents.
- Execute security management tasks including the monitoring, installation, and activation of malicious software protection tools, applying security protocols to network connectivity, managing user identity and logical access, and providing security data as needed when investigations arise.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and oversee enforcement of policies, procedures, and associated plans for system security administration and user system access based on industry-standard best practices.
- Remain informed on trends and issues in the IT and security industries, including current and emerging technologies and prices; advise, counsel, and educate executive and management teams on their relative importance and financial impact.
- Infrastructure and Operations:
- Identify the most efficient and effective use of both in-house and outsourced services for cloud applications, data centers, computing, information security, reliability, storage, systems, and infrastructure services.
- Manage the design, documentation, implementation, and daily operations of a reliable, secure, optimized, efficient, and scalable network that supports the delivery of exceptional customer and employee experiences.
- Develop, document, and implement procedures and schedules for maintaining the network and ensuring timely patch management.
- Manage production technology incidents to resolution, ensuring timely engagement, escalation, and effective communication to business, technology, and vendor partners.
- Identify new technologies necessary to support a high-tech, high-touch business strategy and develop recommendations and business cases where necessary for presentation to senior management.
- Develop, implement, and test the IT elements in the Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP).
- Provide the business with end-user support and services for applications, infrastructure, and hardware including servers, laptops, printers, scanners, tablets, smartphones, etc.; analyze trends in support requests including the root cause of technology issues, employee skill, and knowledge gaps, inefficient business processes, etc.
- Develop a Vendor Management policy and procure and manage all infrastructure related hardware and software
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business, or related field.
- 15+ years’ experience in IT, in an enterprise SaaS environment
- 10+ years’ experience managing and directing an IT Operations, Infrastructure, and Cybersecurity team
- AWS or other cloud certifications
STACK IT Recruitment Inc., based in Mississauga, places candidates throughout the Greater Toronto Area. We pride ourselves in being the number one recruitment company in information technology. Don’t take our word for it – our track record of placing highly qualified candidates speaks for itself!