We are seeking a VP Customer Support North America for a leader in the enterprise software industry. Our client is a Forrester leading enterprise Saas software company and a top place to work in the procurement / sourcing / contract management space. Their platform is used around the world. Top performers join because they have a strong stable yet growing culture, very competitive compensation and benefits, a very good product, great leadership and a winning attitude. Let's confidentially talk about your career and potential options with them.
This position is located in the Seattle WA or San Jose, CA regions and may require some travel. The compensation package is commensurate with the position responsibilities. This is a leadership role responsible for 10 - 20 business support professionals.
The VP is accountable for leading a team to deliver best-in-industry support to customers who have purchased Premium Support services. In addition, she/he will have responsibility to co-drive ARR expansion revenue working with Customer Advocacy and Sales. In addition the VP will lead a team that will serve to ensure high product adoption, customer satisfaction, and close to 100% SLAs. The ideal candidate is one who is a strong people leader, who intuitively demonstrates active listening, innovation mindset, significant collaboration across different functions and customer empathy.
Some of the duties:
- responsible for owning the support of the Premium Support customers and developing a deep understanding of customer’s business and their product usage.
- Accountable for referenceability, high NPS score, ARR expansion, Revenue and Gross Margin targets in region.
- Engage with Professional Services as well as Engineering on correct hand-off of customized or core features to ensure service readiness.
- Expand the support team to accommodate customer growth while coordinating with CS leaders in other regions to optimize support cost.
- Set organizational, team and individual goals. Provide coaching and regular individual feedback to team to create bench strength for future leaders.
- Work closely with internal and external teams: Customer Advocacy, Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Partners, and Finance to deliver new capabilities.
- 20% US and international travel expected
- Need a professional with high drive, intelligence, leadership skills and experience monetizing the support function for an enterprise class software product.
- Need to have strong technical skills to quickly grasp the product complexity.
- Executive level strategy, communication, execution and presentation skills are required. Must be highly responsive and organized, detail oriented, strong listener, patient, customer oriented, analytical, strategic, mature, have a global mind-set, and self-motivated.
- Must possess executive presence and the ability to liaise with C suite.
- Record showing the ability to prioritize company objectives and meet aggressive deadlines; outstanding team leadership, team development and communication skills.
- A minimum of 15 years of work experience with 10+ years of combined experience in Product Management, Customer Support, Go-to-market and Business Development.
- Preferable to have prior experience with Microsoft Azure.
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering is required. An advanced degree, ideally an MBA or master’s degree, is highly desirable.
Candidate is expected to live and work in the Seattle WA or San Jose CA region. Relocation assistance is provided.
Contact Rick Zabor for a confidential discussion about this and other career opportunities email@example.com