We’ve built a team whose expertise extends to specific types of businesses and the unique challenges they face. We serve businesses, their owners and executives, and high net worth individuals – with a model that provides unexpected levels of customer service and expertise. We take an individual approach to our client’s banking needs and pride ourselves on responsiveness. We offer a full line of financial services including: commercial lending, SBA lending, treasury management, private wealth management, retirement plans, investment management services, trust services, specialty lending, and equipment finance and leasing.
As an addition to our seasoned team of Commercial Lenders, the Commercial Banker focuses on building relationships and sourcing new business to ensure these opportunities are pursued appropriately. By working in conjunction with our lending team, you will source new business, utilize your strong credit skills, and gather information to identify and propose solutions to your clients.
Essential objectives/functions & responsibilities/duties
- Business development
- Using strong networking and relationship building skills, as well as knowledge of the market, source new business opportunities, ensure that these opportunities are pursued appropriately, and work with other team members to ensure that the client relationship is maximized.
- Loan origination
- Using strong credit skills, gather information, evaluate needs and identify and propose solutions; work with credit professionals to evaluate, underwrite, prepare presentations for credit approval; document and close loans working with internal and third party resources to meet loan policy and other requirements.
- Portfolio management
- Using strong credit and relationship management skills, maintain a high quality portfolio through regular and appropriate review of information, contact with clients, and collaboration with other team members to ensure that needs of the client and bank are met and that client retention goals are achieved.
- Education and/or experience
- Bachelors’ degree in relevant field of study
- Three years minimum commercial banking experience with specific experience in credit-related role
- Portfolio management and/or business development experience preferred