Our client based in Century City Cape Town is looking for a confident and experienced Engineer in Amazon Web Services (Cloud) as well as Windows Servers, ideally with AWS SysOps level knowledge. Experience of Freshdesk/Freshworks beneficial.
- 24/7 environment operating in a shift pattern
- Be able to manage competing priorities and remain customer focused
- Remain calm in stressful situations and focused on the job at hand
- Interact with end users to provide daily support for voice and Windows server infrastructure
- On occasion be willing to work additional hours due to incident/outage
- Self-motivated to learn new technologies
- ITIL Service Management experience
- Perform daily checks across all platforms using monitoring solutions and escalate issues
- To develop, support and configure the Omni channel product/solutions
- Identify any risks and/or concerns with regards to the application layer
- Active involvement in BCP/DR testing, including reporting
- Liaise with staff globally and forming strong working relationships
- Gather business requirements when on/off-boarding and/or change requests
- Document newly learned processes to build Internal knowledge base
- Perform technical and analytical documentation of current voice systems
- Recommend future upgrades and expansion opportunities.
- Good fault-finding skills from End User Compute to Server and including AWS Connect Telephony platform
- Strong knowledge/understanding of Amazon Connect call flows, announcements, dial plans, skills and routing
- EC2 / VPC & General AWS Environment services (e.g. CloudWatch)
- Escalate and chase known issues internally, following internal Incident Processes
- Liaise with 3rd parties including service providers
- Maintain JIRA ticket queues – Updating and escalating as required
- Understand Contact Centre reporting and Wallboards
- Understand SIP & VOIP configuration and connectivity
- General TCP/IP Networking
- Contact Centre CRM knowledge – Ideally Freshdesk
- Contact Centre administration & support
Key Performance Indicators
- Resolve fault/request logged on ticket system in a timely fashion
- Update fault/request logged on ticket system with comments in a timely fashion
- Ensure end to end task resolution including user/system testing
- Ensure effective troubleshooting
- Documented knowledge gathering
You will be required to be flexible in your position within the Company and agree to carry out whatsoever duties are associated with your position within. Details of your job description may be reviewed from time to time and weekly deliverables will be stipulated in the form of a Performance Contract.
Days of work: We will be a 24/7 dept
Salary: Market related
Should you wish to apply for the position, please apply directly via this job board, please ensure that you quote reference number 202123 subject heading or email body.
Surgo (Pty) Ltd will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity (EE) and is committed in maintaining diversity in its’ appointments. Surgo (Pty) Ltd, therefore also encourages people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply. Due to the high volume of applications, should you not receive feedback within three months upon submission, you can assume your application was unsuccessful and we encourage you to reapply.
Your CV will be kept on our database for us to contact you should any future vacancies become available. If you do not wish for us to keep your CV for any other positions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .