The Vice President, Information Technology drives the IT vision and strategy to enable achievement of the organization’s strategic objectives. A thought partner to the CEO and Executive team, the VP, IT has deep expertise in emerging technologies and is proficient in translating those technologies into applications that accelerate business outcomes, is responsible for all strategic and operational aspects of the IT including software development (packaged and custom applications), network support, help desk, telecommunications, data analytics and business intelligence, security, compliance and process optimization. He/She owns and develops the IT road-map designed to enable company growth and transformation, partners closely with the executive team to define and implement specific technology strategies including but not limited to our digital, data, marketing, research, programs, supply chain, development, finance, HR and others necessary to meet our strategic imperatives as well as builds, develops, and collaborates with the IT team for long-term success.
Strategy and Planning
- Translate business into enterprise technology strategy; establish team goals, objectives and success measures.
- Lead the development of the IT road-map and ensure integration with the enterprise's strategic planning.
- Maintain current on new technologies and platforms and provides direction on what emerging technologies should be introduced, integrated and assimilated within the enterprise to ensure IT capabilities respond to the needs of the enterprise's business strategy.
- Collaborate with executive leadership and business partners to define, develop and prioritize execution of IT strategy.
- Lead IT related policy development; drive the development of enterprise technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics to ensure IT delivers value.
- Develop and determine capital investment parameters, priorities and risks for enterprise-wide IT initiatives to maximize the return on investment.
- Develop annual expense and capital budget; manage budget and prioritize capital investments.
- Approve PC and other technology-related expenses to assure maximum efficiencies and minimal duplication of resources and effort.
Leadership / Management
- Lead the IT team and its business partners in effective execution of IT strategy and roadmap.
- Communicate and provide an on-going scorecard of IT’s performance against business objectives.
- Build strong and transparent relationships with key Magid departments and their leaders across the enterprise, instilling a detailed understanding of their issues, challenges and opportunities across the I.T. team.
- Establish a vision for the integration of data analytics in support of the business and work with various stakeholders to make analytics capabilities and information widely available to support sound decision making across the enterprise.
- Partner with CEO, Finance and various groups in the development of the IT sourcing strategy and provide oversight for strategic vendor and partner relationship management.
- Maintain oversight of all IT projects, ensuring that commitments are properly planned, staffed, monitored and reported.
- Lead change, collaborate, build partnerships and achieve tangible results by engaging and aligning with a wide range of stakeholders.
IT Organization’s Performance
- Establish metrics for managing IT effectiveness and for measuring the impact of IT on the business.
- Establish appropriate service levels and the processes to ensure that KPIs are met.
- Establish and enforce IT policies, processes, portfolio management, development standards and methodologies.
- Monitor the industry for developments in IT operations; evaluate and implement relevant tools and service management frameworks.
- Review, recommend, and oversee all partners, vendors and managed service agreements for computing, telecommunications, IT services, and equipment.
- Provide technology support and strategy for Service Desk, E-mail, Network Operations, Disaster Recovery/Backups, etc.
- Establish a comprehensive information security program to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of relevant data as well as the protection of enterprise wide IT assets.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the organization’s operational requirements and establish plans to mitigate cybersecurity risks.
- Accountable for protecting the privacy of team member and customer information.
- Identify and protects against reasonably anticipated threats to the security or integrity of the information;
- Ensures compliance by the workforce.
- Lead the design and implementation of IT disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Collaborate with the team to develop and implement systems, processes and the workforce capable of achieving the objectives of the business.
- Build a knowledgeable, effective and trusted technology organization combining strong technical competency with effective consulting and customer service skills.
- Develop and maintain a plan that provides for succession and continuity in the most critical IT management positions.
- Enhances the capabilities of IT by leveraging a multitude of resources, both internally and externally.
- Ensure that the organization has strong systems analysis and project management skills, and the ability to execute business-critical projects.
- Create a culture of transparency, collaboration, accountability and commitment to excellence, across the I.T. team.
- Bachelor’s degree in related technical/business area required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 15 years of technology experience, 10 years’ experience in progressively responsible leadership IT roles, 5 years of experience in a senior leader role.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a team of professionals to meet the strategic business needs.
- Experience leading infrastructure and operations technical services for all IT technology domains, including PCs, networks, telecommunications, servers, security, help desk, etc.
- Experience leveraging emerging technologies, including digital to support the achievement of evolving business strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with leaders to develop and execute plans
- Superior relationship management skills: ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers, as well as effectively operate within a matrix organization.
- Polished and persuasive communicator.
- Builder of strong technology vendor partnerships, able to manage multiple vendor relationships ensuring best performance and strong financial return.
- Experience building an enterprise level data analytics capability to service multiple functions across the organization.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of business and information technology, mobile application development, computer software, computer hardware, etc., as they relate to the organization.
- Advanced technical skills – SQL, RPG, Access, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; Internet Explorer; Adobe Acrobat; databases; and web-based contact management systems.
NO AGENCY CALLS PLEASE
Magid is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - minority/female/disabled/veteran
Magid Glove & Safety is America’s leading manufacturer, distributor and importer of hand protection and safety products i.e. work gloves, fall protection, gas detection, reusable and disposable respirators, clean room, 1st aid and all other safety related products. Magid is a financially stable, growing and privately held business, which has provided safety solutions to thousands of companies since 1946. Visit our website at www.magidglove.com